This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 1:24 PM by Turbokat RSS

All OBIEE services DOWN

961405 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello -

All the services in my OBIEE was working properly and I stopped the services and started it. I got this error:

*<Received exception while creating connection for pool "BIDatabaseGroupDS": ORA-28001: the password has expired>*

Was not sure why it was expired, I tried to reset the connection pool password thru EM. It did not let me set the password. Gave the following error:

The returned message is: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied<br><br> It is likely that the login or password is not valid.<br> It is also possible that something else is invalid in<br> the configuration or that the database is not available.

I checked the DEV_BIPLATFORM and DEV_MDS and none of them have the users locked or expired.

Currently the system has started in Admin mode, so I am able to login to EM and console only.

Can anyone help me debug this issue.

Thanks !

Edited by: 958402 on 18-Mar-2013 8:54 AM
  • 1. Re: All OBIEE services DOWN
    SunilSharma Expert
    are you talking about the connectionpool in RPD. If yes then try to reset the password for the userid related to connectionpool BIDatabaseGroupDS. If you have access to do that. Or else check with DB guys if the password is expired or they have changed to something new.
  • 2. Re: All OBIEE services DOWN
    Turbokat Pro
    958402 wrote:
    Hello -

All the services in my OBIEE was working properly and I stopped the services and started it. I got this error:

*<Received exception while creating connection for pool "BIDatabaseGroupDS": ORA-28001: the password has expired>*
    Check if your DEV_BIPLATFORM and DEV_MDS account in DB were set to expire password.? Or someone attempeted to change these changes and went out of sync.

If you want to reset in any case refer to : http://www.artofbi.com/index.php/2011/03/mds-or-biplatform-schema-password-change-considerations/

http://www.artofbi.com/index.php/2011/03/oracle-11g-rdbms-password-expiration-default-possible-impact-on-obi-11g/

Also refer to this note : How To Update OBIEE 11g Configuration When The Repository (RCU) Schemas Have Changed [ID 1307835.1]

Hope this helps. Mark if it does.

Let us know the updates in errors.

Thanks,
    SVS