This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 4:07 AM by EJP RSS

Java.exe *32 is consuming 90% CPU

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear Gurus,

I have production server on which i have Operating System : Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition. Ram = 4 GB.

We have observed that java.exe *32 is comsuming 80% - 90% CPU utilization. Please help me in this regard. I have AMD dual processor installed.

Kindly see below link for screen shorts.

1) http://i46.tinypic.com/dfc6rd.jpg
2) http://i45.tinypic.com/34qwpd0.jpg

If you need any further details for analyzing do let me know. But please help in this regard special thanks

Thanks
Adeel Imtiaz
  • 1. Re: Java.exe *32 is consuming 90% CPU
    EJP Guru
    Help you how? Your JVM is running some CPU-bound code. What more is there to say?
  • 2. Re: Java.exe *32 is consuming 90% CPU
    gimbal2 Guru
    This is like going to a Visual C++ forum and asking "why is doom4.exe eating up 80% of my CPU?"
  • 3. Re: Java.exe *32 is consuming 90% CPU
    Dear EJP,

Actually my query is why the JAVA.exe * 32 is taking 90% CPU . As this is production server and we CANNOT increase the cores because of license cost.
    if we increase the core of that system. we need to pay 20k for license of EAServer 6.3.1.

How we can overcome to the CPU utilization of JAVA.EXE *32

Thanks
    Malik Adeel Imtiaz
  • 4. Re: Java.exe *32 is consuming 90% CPU
    Dear Gimbal2,

Here the problem is in production server and not in the game server there is lot of difference.

I need your help if you have any information how to reduce the CPU load. We can not increase the CPU / Cores because of license.

Thanks
    Malik Adeel Imtiaz
  • 5. Re: Java.exe *32 is consuming 90% CPU
    EJP Guru
    Actually my query is why the JAVA.exe * 32 is taking 90% CPU .
    Actually I already know what your query is, and actually I have already answered it, in case you actually weren't looking.
    As this is production server and we CANNOT increase the cores because of license cost.
    It wouldn't matter if you did. It wouldn't stop your application misbehaving.
    if we increase the core of that system. we need to pay 20k for license of EAServer 6.3.1.
    It wouldn't help. See above.
    How we can overcome to the CPU utilization of JAVA.EXE *32
    Fix the application. What baffles me is what else you could possible expect anyone here to say.
  • 6. Re: Java.exe *32 is consuming 90% CPU
    gimbal2 Guru
    Malik Adeel Imtiaz wrote:
    Dear Gimbal2,

Here the problem is in production server and not in the game server there is lot of difference.
    I wasn't talking about servers. I was talking about processes, like you were. Let me spell it out for you so you can hopefully understand. You are going to a JAVA PROGRAMMING forum to ask why some random Java application is utilizing a lot of CPU. That is nonsense, how can anyone here explain that? The reason is simple: its doing something CPU heavy, nobody here can say what exactly. For all I know it is a busy for loop.

So yeah I create an example that I hoped would show to you just how ludicrous it is, imagine you having a problem with any native application at all. Lets pick something different than a game since you apparently can't understand the relation properly, so lets pick Microsoft Excel. Its using up 80%, do you go to a C++ programming forum to ask why? No. You ask Microsoft, who built the application.

But now you're apparently giving more information you were previously hiding. You are now asking why YOUR application is using so much CPU?
  • 7. Re: Java.exe *32 is consuming 90% CPU
    Let me rephrase ..

I am running EAServer 6.3.1 which uses JAVA.EXE to run its setup.

1) My machine is windows 2008 SE 64 bit.
    2) I have 4 GB Ram on this machine.
    3) I have AMD DUAL processor. (Means Task Manager only shows two processes)
    4) Java.exe CPU is utilizing 90% ram with only 20 users connected.

When i run EAServer 6.3.1 my CPU utilization increased due to java.exe upto 90% to 98 % and my application get dead slow.

I just want to know that what steps i should perform so that my CPU utilization get normal.

Memory is normal which is 1.9 Gb to 2.5 GB out of 4 GB.

Thanks for understanding

Thanks
    Malik Adeel Imtiaz
  • 8. Re: Java.exe *32 is consuming 90% CPU
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    I am running EAServer 6.3.1
    I suggest you go ask Sybase (SAP) for help.
  • 9. Re: Java.exe *32 is consuming 90% CPU
    EJP Guru
    Let me rephrase ..
    Moderator action: Let me rephrase. Your question has been answered, and it is off topic. Locking.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points