This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 8:07 AM by 994743 RSS

I need to display separate bar for totals at the end of the barchart.

994743 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

My scenario is similar to the one described below

http://siebel.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/siebel-analytics-l/displaying-grand-total-column-as-a-seperate-vertical-bar-in-a-bar-chart-report-3351958

I didn't understand how the combined request solved this problem but I tried my self creating a pivot table chart with new calculated column as 'Total'. The problem is I am getting value '0' on the X-axis of the pivot table bar chart instead of Total but values shows up correct. Can Someone let me know where I was doing wrong?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: I need to display separate bar for totals at the end of the barchart.
    903092 Newbie
    In short, union will put two different results together, to show under single view in OBI. Think of it like adding a row of 'Book, numbers' to report showing 'Employee, Salary'. Totally irrelevant, but matching data type puts them under single view.
    You don't NEED to create pivot table to display these charts. If the results are appearing properly in normal table view, they should also appear in charts.
    As per my guess, you haven't correctly named the dimension column correctly, which is why it might be appearing as '0'.
  • 2. Re: I need to display separate bar for totals at the end of the barchart.
    sankat Explorer
    Hi,

There is an alternative approach for this.No need to create a union report.
    You go for a pivot table chart and just made changes in that.

In Rows Section ,if you click on "More Options" on the column
    you can see "New Calculated column".

Here you can put function as sum and you can add all column values.

Thanks,
    Pramod.
  • 3. Re: I need to display separate bar for totals at the end of the barchart.
    994743 Newbie
    Hi Sam and Sankat,

My requirement is to show values of each month along with Total value in the same bar chart. Month would be on X-axis. and on Y axis is the value. The problem with union report is,it would show total value along with each value for each month. I dont want that. I want just a separate single bar for each month for the corresponding value and at the last i want a separate bar which totals the entire value.

With the pivot view chat. I created a new calculated item and named it as Total and sum the values of all column. It shows the right value and I am getting the graph correctly like I wanted but instead of 'Total' label, i am getting the label as 'o'. this is not defined by me or a column in the dimension

Thank you,

Kavya
  • 4. Re: I need to display separate bar for totals at the end of the barchart.
    Sasi Nagireddy Expert
    Can try this in RPD

Create a SUM of Revenue for each Region i.e

Revenue_East = Case when Region = 'East' then Revenue else End
    Revenue_West = Case when Region = 'West' then Revenue else End
    Revenue_North = Case when Region = 'North' then Revenue else End
    Revenue_South = Case when Region = 'South' then Revenue else End

Now Add altogether Revenue_Region = Revenue_East + Revenue_West + Revenue_North + Revenue_South

Now Drag Month Revenue_Region to u r analytics and create the view what ever u need.

Do let me know the updates?

Mark as correct if it is helpful

Thanks.
  • 5. Re: I need to display separate bar for totals at the end of the barchart.
    sankat Explorer
    Hi kavya,

For new calculated column,there will be an edit box for label.
    You can give the label as per your requirement.

Thanks,
    Pramod
  • 6. Re: I need to display separate bar for totals at the end of the barchart.
    994743 Newbie
    Hi All,

Using Union report and changing in rpd would help but my requirement is based on each day of the month. I finally figured it out. I used pivot view chart and created new calculated column called 'Total' that sums up all the values of each day in a month. I got the label '0' instead of 'Total' on the graph because row colomn is in Data format so that is the reason it couldnt take varchar or char datatype value 'TOTAL' on the chart. So I ended up creating a column which is a rowcount for each record and another column which is a case statement. Then I pulled the newly created case statement column on to the X-axis and it display 'Total' just like I wanted.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points