This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 8:48 AM by user12273962 RSS

Oracle VM Manager 3.2.1.516 Repo setup using iSCSI(NetApp)(HELP PLS!)

995589 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am attempting to setup Oracle VM Manager in hopes of using it to setup Oracle Rac Templates. I have the install setup fine, and I am able to see my storage LUN presented from my NetApp Storage. But I am unable to create a Repository using this storage. I have created a filesystem on /dev/dm-0 and mounted it on /u01. I am not sure if this is the proper method or not. The disk device that was created when I connected to the iSCSI was /dev/sdb but I was unable to mount that for some reason. but I was able to mount /dev/dm-0.

I am able to see the LUN under the Storage Tab in Oracle VM Manager but I am unable to see this LUN when I try to create a repository. My LUN is listed as "shareable".
When I attempt to create a Repository, I choose "Physical Disk", the 1 and only server pool that i have creted populates the "Server Pool" field, but when I choose to browse to the available disks, its all blank and a search yields nothing. I am almost convinced that I am missing something on the local server side. Can someone please help me.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points