6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 8:08 AM by InoL RSS

Could not attach library file after renaming folder

XeM
      Hi all,

I am using forms 10g r2. recently i renamed the folder where i had all my forms and libraries now when i open forms builder it throws errors that library could not be opened.

Now please if any one could suggest that what information or configuration i will have to change in order to make it working with renamed directory.
      The other problem is i am hard coding the path of forms when i am calling one form from another like open_form('D:\folder1\folder2\frm_abc.fmx'). What configuration needs to be done or as it possible that i just provide the the name of form module and AS pick it from that folder.

Your replies are much appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Could not attach library file after renaming folder
          carlos cortez
          Hello,

I am using forms 10g r2. recently i renamed the folder where i had all my forms and libraries now when i open forms builder it throws errors that library could not be opened.

The path reference of forms and libraries might be broken, ensure FORMS_PATH variable is correctly set and fix the path pointing to the libraries and forms, look for it in regedit or default.env file.
          default.env file resides in ORACLE_HOME\forms\server

The other problem is i am hard coding the path of forms when i am calling one form from another like open_form('D:\folder1\folder2\frm_abc.fmx'). What configuration needs to be done or as it possible that i just provide the the name of form module and AS pick it from that folder.

Add the path where you have your fmx files in FORMS_PATH variable, something like:

FORMS_PATH=D:\folder1\folder2;C:\Devsuit_home1\forms

After that you can do this: open_form('frm_abc.fmx')

Finally restart OC4J instance and try

Hope this helps you :)

Regards
          Carlos
          • 2. Re: Could not attach library file after renaming folder
            XeM
            Thank you Carlos!

This solved my one problem that AS now picking my form if i just provide form name to open_form. but i am still having problem when i open forms builder it gives the error message about object library .lib file could not be opened

Thanks!

Edited by: 974222 on Mar 19, 2013 11:37 PM
            • 3. Re: Could not attach library file after renaming folder
              carlos cortez
              Hi,

What kind of library are you using, are you using pll or olb libraries ??

Look that the libraries resides in a path from FORMS_PATH variable, also for pll libraries ensure to compile them to get plx files and ads them to the path.

Regards
              Carlos
              • 4. Re: Could not attach library file after renaming folder
                HamidHelal
                974222 wrote:
                Thank you Carlos!

This solved my one problem that AS now picking my form if i just provide form name to open_form. but i am still having problem when i open forms builder it gives the error message about object library .lib file could not be opened
                Hi, i don't know any library extension like .lib

open all your library and compile them and copy all of them to <forms_home>/forms folder.

Hope this solves..

Hamid
                • 5. Re: Could not attach library file after renaming folder
                  XeM
                  Hi,

I am sorry for giving wrong extension name it is object library .olb and i dont want to keep it in <forms_home>forms if it is possible to maintain it in the directory where my all other forms and plx files resides. Please note that i am getting error when i open forms builder and not at run time. At run time it is ok all forms executing correctly including those forms in which i have referenced some objects from that object library. Might be there are some configuration for forms builder which i have not made yet.

Thanks!
                  • 6. Re: Could not attach library file after renaming folder
                    InoL
                    For Forms Builder, you can set FORMS_PATH in the registry, to be found under something like:
                    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_DevSuite10g