5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 3:47 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Concurrent program of Reports does not show the output

Bm
      Hi,

I am trying a tutorial to create a report using BI publisher. I created the data definition, the template, the executable, and the program. When I run the program, it runs successfully but I don't see the output. The output is a PDF file. When I click on view output, it just pops an IE window and closes back. Can you please help.

Below is the log:
      ++---------------------------------------------------------------------------++
      Sourcing: Version : 12.0.0

Copyright (c) 1979, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

PON_AUCTION module: PON_AUCTION

Current system time is 20-MAR-2013 11:12:07

++-----------------------------+
      +| Starting concurrent program execution...+
      ++-----------------------------+

Forcing NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS to: '.,' for XDO processing

APPLLCSP Environment Variable set to :

Current NLS_LANG and NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS Environment Variables are :
      American_America.AL32UTF8

+'.,'+

Enter Password:

Report Builder: Release 10.1.2.3.0 - Production on Wed Mar 20 11:12:12 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Executing request completion options...

Output file size:
      +1218+

++------------- 1) PUBLISH -------------++
      Beginning post-processing of request 5888180 on node ORACLEVMAPP at 20-MAR-2013 11:12:13.
      Post-processing of request 5888180 completed at 20-MAR-2013 11:12:14.
      ++--------------------------------------++

++------------- 2) PRINT -------------++

Printing output file.
      Request ID : 5888180      
      Number of copies : 0      
      Printer : noprint

++--------------------------------------++

Finished executing request completion options.

Concurrent request completed successfully
      Current system time is 20-MAR-2013 11:12:14

BM
        • 1. Re: Concurrent program of Reports does not show the output
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl post details of OS, database and EBS versions, along with a link to the tutorial you are following. When you execute the concurrent program, does the template field automatically populate in the submission window ? Pl also post the relevant sections from the OPP log file ($APPLCSF/$APPLLOG/FNDOPP*.txt) for this concurrent request

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Concurrent program of Reports does not show the output
            Vortex13
            Hello,

Do you have access to the application server? You can goto the output directory and see if the PDF was generated. If you don't have access your DBA should be able to get it for you. If a PDF was generated then you know it is probably an issue with your browser, or maybe an application setup issue and not an issue with the report.
            HTH,
            --Johnnie                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
            • 3. Re: Concurrent program of Reports does not show the output
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              I am trying a tutorial to create a report using BI publisher. I created the data definition, the template, the executable, and the program. When I run the program, it runs successfully but I don't see the output. The output is a PDF file. When I click on view output, it just pops an IE window and closes back. Can you please help.
              Is this happening to all requests or specific ones only?

Please add the application URL to your trusted sites list from the browser. Also, please disable all pop-up blockers.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 5. Re: Concurrent program of Reports does not show the output
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                Bm wrote:
                Thanks
                It would be great if you could share the solution with us.

Thanks,
                Hussein