This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 12:17 PM by Marc Corlett RSS

Creating dependencies..

Ankie_2013 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Have a question regarding creating dependencies. What i am trying to achieve is that if i have 5 line item in an order . 2 line item should be excuted normally and other 3 should be excuted on a completion of some other function. What i undertand is that if i create 2 different product spec and crete the function dependencied it can be done. But the problem is That the Line items which needs to be executed is not static so can not have two different product spec.

So what i am looking for is how to crete function dependencies to the line item belonging to the same product spec.

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Creating dependencies..
    viktor.jarolim Explorer
    Hi, could you pls be a bit more specific?
    What do you mean by the phrase " Line items which needs to be executed is not static "?

Is this multiple instances of the same product? After all there must be some deterministic criteria for picking the items which can start right away...
    regards
    Viktor
  • 2. Re: Creating dependencies..
    Ankie_2013 Newbie
    Hi Viktor,

What i meant by that line is basically that depends on certain parameters coming at order header level as well as line item level in some cases, and those parameters that will decide Which line items can be directly processed and which all needs to be dependent on some other function.

Hope this elaborates...

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Creating dependencies..
    leandro.galli Newbie
    Hi there,

As far as I understood, you want to have the following behavior:
    1) multiple sales lines mapping the one single product spec
    2) some lines starting executing at the beginning of the orchestration
    3) some lines waiting for a certain function to be completed before start executing

I hope points (1) and (2) are not an issue for you, since you can do it with basic configuration.

For point (3), you'll have to use dependencies between functions inside the same product specification. Apart from that, your dependency type should be "property correlation dependency" in order to select which order items are the depending ones and which order items are the blocking ones. Check the Design Studio help if you are not familiar with the "property correlation dependency" configuration.

Best regards,
    Leandro

Edited by: leandro.galli on 18-mar-2013 2:52
  • 4. Re: Creating dependencies..
    Ankie_2013 Newbie
    Hi Leandro,

Thanks for the reply.. BUt problem still remains same.. As i am not trying to create line item Dependency but the function dependency that too for some of the line items in the product class.

Suppose I have a product Spec PS1 And the line item are Ol1,Ol2, OL3 And functions are F1, F2,F3 . All mapped to same product spec.

Now what i am trying to configurer is on certain set of Conditions OL1,OL2 are excuted by F1,F2 where as OL3 is excuted by F1,F2,F3.

Please note all line items lie under same product spec.Any solution to this?

Thanks In Advance.
  • 5. Re: Creating dependencies..
    SrinivasK Newbie
    Hi

Let me put your requirement in below way.

OLI1, OLI2, OL3 are mapped to Single Product Spec(PS1)
    This PS1 is mapped to F1, F2, F3.

From above said, if you push order with above 3 OLI's then all the 3 OLI's will be routed(associated) to F1, F2 and F3.

Now for OLI3 , there is no seperate configuration needs to be done, as from above this item wil be associated to F1, F2 and F3

For OL1 and OL2 we need to route to F1 and F2 and no F3.

I believe this can be achieved at granular level(using decomposition rules).

Follow the below steps:
    1. Add a property into your OrderItem specification
         here set the property flag using your conditions
    2. Write 3 decomposition rules with conditions
         a. F1 to F1System(first decomposition rule)
              here no condition needed as F1 is common for 3 OLI's
    b. F2 to F2 System(second decomposition rule)
              here write a conditon using the property flag and return boolean. If true this will be added to executable component else it will not be considered.
    c. F3 to F3 System(third decomposition rule)
    here write a conditon using the property flag and return boolean. If true this will be added to executable component else it will not be considered.

This way you can control your OLI's routing to different functions based on different conditions at decomposition level.

You can use this concept and modularize if any dependencies exist b/w order items or components.

Hope this helps. Do update your findings.

Regards
    Srinivas
  • 6. Re: Creating dependencies..
    Ankie_2013 Newbie
    Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for teh reply.. Seems i did not put the question in the right manner.Sorry for the inconvienence . Let me try rephrasing The question.

OLI1, OLI2, OL3 are mapped to Single Product Spec(PS1)
    This PS1 is mapped to F1, F2, F3.

if you push order with 3 OLI's then all the 3 OLI's will be routed(associated) to F1, F2 and F3.

For OL1 and OL2 we need to route to F1 and F2 and no F3.
    OLI 3 also needs to execute F1 and F2 , But it should execute F1 and F2 only when F3 is executed. F3 is a function which gets excuted depending on value of an element.So basically F1 and F2 are parallel flows for Oli1 and Oli2 , But needs to be serial flow for OLI3.

Thanks!!!
  • 7. Re: Creating dependencies..
    Marc Corlett Newbie
    Your requirement seems to say that OLI3 really has a different fulfillment patter from that of OLI1 and OLI2. Even though the same functions are needed, the execution of those functions is done differently (serially for OLI3 vs parallel for OLI1&2). Perhaps you should map OLI3 to a separate product spec with the fulfillment pattern it needs, and create the dependencies necessary between product specs. It might help to describe the resulting orchestration plan your are looking to achieve.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points