2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 5:42 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle RSS

Passwords during Migration? BUG.

Ok, on 32-bit XP, I'm trying to migrate some MySQL databases to Oracle. I thought this Oracle SQL Developer would help. While it helps, it fails also.

Simply put, it makes the connect string with the wrong password in the SQL file. So it never completes properly. It seems to instead put the user as the password... I.E.

connect user/user

So I have to edit the SQL file and run it manually to perform the migration. Rather annoying when it can take some time depending on the database and it goes through the entire process (without failing mind you) only to have an empty oracle database at the end...

I change the password and run the same sql again and it succeeds no problem. I do believe you have a bug. Or am I missing something else?
        • 1. Re: Passwords during Migration? BUG.
          Update: it might not be user. I tried it on another database, it seems to be trying to make a user using the SID from the MySQL database and the connect is

connect SID/SID

I change those over to the right user/password for Oracle and the SQL script runs... Still, there is a bug somewhere with this tool. Please investigate!
          • 2. Re: Passwords during Migration? BUG.
            Gary Graham-Oracle
            Hi,

This may depend on which SQL Developer release you use. There have been password issues with very old releases, but if you are on any 3.x release, it is probably related to this pending enhancement request:
            Bug 12741679 - ALLOW CUSTOMER TO CHANGE DEFAULT TABLESPACE AND PASSWORD

Good to hear your migration succeeded.

Regards,
            Gary
            SQL Developer Team