This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 1:05 AM by keerthioaf RSS

OAF Learning and Master

N999 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Guys,

I am new to OAF, can anyone suggest how to learn oaf to the best and become master in it.

Thanks,
@P

Edited by: 995022 on Mar 20, 2013 9:09 PM
  • 1. Re: OAF Learning and Master
    keerthioaf Expert
    Hi ,

To be able master in OAF , you need to learn the following things

1) Core Java
    2) J2EE ( Just Basic of servlets and JSP , and intro EJB )
    3) Design Pattern ( intro to MVC Architecture )

Then Jump into OAF , Oracle provides the tutorial tool box to learn OAF concepts , it's shipped along with Jdeveloper Patch .

If you come across any doubts , you are free to post thread in forum . Happy Learning and Good Luck .

--Keerthi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 2. Re: OAF Learning and Master
    Kalimuthu V Expert
    Hi P,
    I am sure you have an EBS instance to start with ,
    If you have I suggest you to start with the tutorial guide which will come with the Jdeveloper folder you download.
    Check the Note
    Note 416708.1 - How to find the correct version of JDeveloper to use with eBusiness Suite 11i or Release 12.x

to download the right Jdev.

And you can search in this forum itself there will be many link for start learning OAF.

Thanks,

With regards,
    Kali.
    OSSi.,
  • 3. Re: OAF Learning and Master
    906099 Journeyer
    Hi,

please go through similar threads on OTN Forum.

Learn OA Framework
    http://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Learn+OA+Framework&objID=f210&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
  • 4. Re: OAF Learning and Master
    N999 Newbie
    Thanks Keerthioaf,

To start with oaf definitely we require Core Java, Design Pattern knowledge then we should jump into tutorial tool box practise exercises.
    I already have the knowledge of Core Java and MVC Architecture. Now i need to install Jdeveloper in my local system.

Regards,
    @P
  • 5. Re: OAF Learning and Master
    keerthioaf Expert
    Hi ,

Good to know

Since you 're from java back ground you can kick start oaf , please make sure that its very essential to download the exact version of
    Jdeveloper which is compatible to your Oracle EBS and have Jevelopers guide for reference .

Have a good go .

--Keerthi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points