This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 5:18 AM by Aman.... RSS

ORA-01017

Pavel Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hello!

After finishing of the program on Delphi that content parallel ten-thread querry I get ORA-01017 invalid uswername/password logon denied
from the second thread .

The user has all necessary privileges and the query returns exact quantity of rows, why I get this message ?

Thanks and regards,
Pavel
  • 1. Re: ORA-01017
    sb92075 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Pavel wrote:
    Hello!

    After finishing of the program on Delphi that content parallel ten-thread querry I get ORA-01017 invalid uswername/password logon denied
    from the second thread .

    The user has all necessary privileges and the query returns exact quantity of rows, why I get this message ?
    invalid username/password logon denied
    Oracle is too dumb to lie.
  • 2. Re: ORA-01017
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Pavel wrote:
    Hello!

    After finishing of the program on Delphi that content parallel ten-thread querry I get ORA-01017 invalid uswername/password logon denied
    from the second thread .

    The user has all necessary privileges and the query returns exact quantity of rows, why I get this message ?
    And let's hear your Oracle db version and o/s , you got the error for an Oracle database right?

    Aman....
  • 3. Re: ORA-01017
    Pavel Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hello Aman

    Yes , Sir, I get error message from database
    11.2.0.3 , AIX

    Thanks and regards,
    Pavel
  • 4. Re: ORA-01017
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Pavel wrote:
    Hello Aman

    Yes , Sir, I get error message from database
    11.2.0.3 , AIX
    Passwords are CaSe-Sensitive in 11.2. So did you check for that?

    Aman....
  • 5. Re: ORA-01017
    Pavel Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Yes , Aman

    initially connection with db happens successfully
    at some unknown moment one of threads loses connection , why ?
    the most part of records by this moment it is already successful
    unloaded

    Thanks and regards,
    Pavel

    Edited by: Pavel on Mar 21, 2013 12:46 AM
  • 6. Re: ORA-01017
    John Stegeman Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Pavel,

    Do you really expect us to be able to answer your question?

    We cannot see your Delphi code (and we probably don't want to either - that would be something to post in a Delphi forum).

    The error you see is an error that one would see when connecting to the database, not in the middle of running a query. So, it's back to you to have a look at your code and find out what is going on and/or why your connection is going away (if that is in fact what is happening)
  • 7. Re: ORA-01017
    Pavel Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hello John

    Thank You .

    Thanks to all .


    regards,
    Pavel
  • 8. Re: ORA-01017
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    Pavel wrote:
    Yes , Aman

    initially connection with db happens successfully
    at some unknown moment one of threads loses connection , why ?
    the most part of records by this moment it is already successful
    unloaded
    Pavel,

    Lost connection and invalid username/password are two different things. The only thing that we can try to troubleshoot here is just things related to Oracle db. I had mentioned Delphi in bold for a reason and it was to point out that if you ahve things gone wrong at that side, you would need to troubleshoot it on your own or ask someone from Delphi to help you.

    Aman....

Legend

  • Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points