This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 9:27 PM by Nagen RSS

OBIEE 11g Dashboard Help

Nagen Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have the following requirement needs to be implemented in OBIEE RPD/Answers/Dashboard. Please suggest

Dimension:_

1) Country
2) Currency
3) Time
4) Customer
5) Stage

Fact:_

1) ASOF

Requirement:_

a) User will be selecting the Start Effective Date & End Effective Date in Prompts and this filter is based on Time dimension
b) Please note that, the time dimension has only Calendar Date Column and Fact Table also has data with respect to Calendar Date ONLY NOT LIKE Effective Start Date Revenue, Effective End Date Revenue
b) once date range is selected, the report has to be shown with the following selected columns and filters applied

Selected Columns:_

Effective Start Date Revenue
Effective End Date Revenue
Effective Start Date
Effective End Date
Effective Start Date Stage
Effective End Date Stage
Effective Start Date Revenue - Effective End Date Revenue

Filters Needs to be Applied:_

For Effective Start Date Revenue, sum(Revenue) for the Calendar Date is less than or equal to Effective Start Date

For Effective End Date Revenue, sum(Revenue) for the Calendar Date is less than or equal to Effective End Date

Effective Start Date Stage, max(stage) for the Calendar Date is less than or equal to Effective Start Date

Effective Start End Stage, max(stage) for the Calendar Date is less than or equal to Effective End Date

Please let me know how to do it in OBIEE 11g
  • 1. Re: OBIEE 11g Dashboard Help
    Nagen Newbie
    can anyone throw some light?
  • 2. Re: OBIEE 11g Dashboard Help
    Nagen Newbie
    Hello Experts, any idea?
  • 3. Re: OBIEE 11g Dashboard Help
    DNK Explorer
    It is quite difficult to explain every step(RPD,Analysis/Dashboards) on the forum

Please find the

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-enterprise-edition/tutorials/obiee11g-453435.html

U can start off with this for now.

Let us know if your facing any issues.

Thanks
    NK
  • 4. Re: OBIEE 11g Dashboard Help
    Nagen Newbie
    Thanks. I would need only ONE Clarification.

the Fact table has data at Date Level. For Example,

Date Revenue Stage
    20120101 123.98 1a
    20120302 178.965 1b
    20120401 768.99 1c

The report should contain the following columns based on date range selection:- Start Date & End Date

Start_Date_Revenue End_Date_Revenue Start_Date_Stage End_Date_Stage

So, I have used FILTER(Revenue using Date = 'Presentation Variable for Start Date') & FILTER(Revenue using Date = 'Presentation Variable for End Date') for Revenue Calculation.

Similarly, is there any way to retrieve the stage columns data for each date and show it in report?

Note:_ I have tried the filter function for Dimension Column to bring Stage but it works only for Measure Column
  • 5. Re: OBIEE 11g Dashboard Help
    DNK Explorer
    Your issue is kind of Vague.Please try to put in a clear way.

*" I have tried the filter function for Dimension Column to bring Stage but it works only for Measure Column"*

Not sure what you are trying to achieve!!

Thanks
    Nk
  • 6. Re: OBIEE 11g Dashboard Help
    Nagen Newbie
    I have explained it with example at low level. I don't know why you don't understand it. anyway, I have fixed it with the help of experts who understood the issue.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points