This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 6:49 AM by AravindhK RSS

Smart View issues

AravindhK Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have installed Smart View 11.1.1.3.00 in the dev server. I am using Hyperion Version 11.1.1.3.00. I've added the SmartView Add-in in MS excel 2007. When i tried to connect through the add-in, I am not able to see any of the buttons or links in Smart View database manager. It looks like everythin disables. Please could you help to resolve this issues.

Thanks,
Aravindh K
  • 1. Re: Smart View issues
    ss1988 Explorer
    Hi Aravindh,

If it is successfully installed in dev machine and you think it is disabled then enable it from the Excel Options.
    Go to Excel Options -->Add Ins --> Manage --> Select Disabled Items from drop down and then click on go.

A small disabled items window will open. Click on it and enable. The buttons will appear in the essbase add in window.

hope this helps.

Regards
    SST.....
  • 2. Re: Smart View issues
    AravindhK Newbie
    The Smart View addins are enabled. I already checked it. Also I've registered the dll files.
    But Still I have this issue.

Edited by: AravindhK on Mar 21, 2013 3:33 PM
  • 3. Re: Smart View issues
    ss1988 Explorer
    Hi,

Follow the steps provided in the below link
    http://elderec.org/2011/06/hyperion-smartview-tab-disappears-from-excel/

Regards
    SST.....
  • 4. Re: Smart View issues
    AravindhK Newbie
    I am able to see the Hyperion Tab in the excel after adding the smart view add-in. But When I clicked on Connect button in Hyperion menu, nothing is appears in the Data Source Manager pane. It looks blank.

Thanks

Edited by: AravindhK on Mar 21, 2013 4:21 PM
  • 5. Re: Smart View issues
    AravindhK Newbie
    I got the below information from EPM Support Matrix,

In Release 11.1.1.3, Office 2010 only supported for Smart View 11.1.1.3.500 and Essbase Spreadsheet Add-In 11.1.1.3.500.

Thanks,
    Aravindh K

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points