This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 3:05 AM by Akanksha Sheoran Kaler RSS

Timezone Error when switching to OEM 12c Agent

BillW Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Greetings,

Hopefully I can state the question clearly. I am upgrading my enterprise manager form 11g to 12c using the Enterprise Manager 12c Upgrade Console and the 2-Systme method.

On one host the 11g agent was not running and when I tried to start it I received an error -

The agentTZRegion value in /usr/local/oracle/product/agent10g/sysman/config/emd. properties is not in agreement with what agent thinks it should be.

So I exported TZ=EtcGMT+7 and executed the command mgmt_target.set_agkent_tzrgn(<agent_name>, <new_tz_rgn>) in the 11g repository which enabled me to start the 11g agent.

Then from the console I was able to deploy the 12c agent on the target and it deployed successfully. However when I ran the health check it generated the message -
----- Wed Mar 20 16:13:08 2013::5172::property 'agentTZregion' in '/usr/local/oracle/product/agent12g/agent_inst/sysman/config/emd.properties' contains an invalid value of '-07:00'.Agent start up can not proceed.This value might have been manually modified to be an incorrect value.This value needs to be set to one of the values listed in '/usr/local/oracle/product/agent12g/core/12.1.0.1.0/sysman/admin/supportedtzs.lst'. Execute 'emctl config agent getTZ' and see if this is an appropriate value. -----

The get TZ command shows
./bin/emctl config agent getTZ
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control 12.1.0.1.0
Copyright (c) 1996, 2012 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
GMT-07:00

On a host which I successfully configured the getTZ command shows US/Pacific-New.

In the supportedtzs.lst file I find both values so I am puzzled. I don't know how to proceed. ANy suggestions appreciated.
Thank you.
Bill Wagman

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points