5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 11:57 AM by HamidHelal RSS

Resizing the Previewer

Roxyrollers
      Hi there,
      Has anyone been able to achieve this? Is there a way to Resize the Previewer window (Height and Width) at Run time? I don't want to use the MAXIMIZE parameter as that would cover the whole screen.

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Resizing the Previewer
          HamidHelal
          Roxyrollers wrote:
          Hi there,
          Has anyone been able to achieve this? Is there a way to Resize the Previewer window (Height and Width) at Run time? I don't want to use the MAXIMIZE parameter as that would cover the whole screen.

Thanks in advance.
          What are you talking about ?
          what to resize ? which version ? can you be more specific ?
          • 2. Re: Resizing the Previewer
            Roxyrollers
            Hi Hamid,
            Sorry, wasn't specific at all! I am trying to Resize the Previewer window (Which you can Invoke from Reports Builder as View -> Runtime Preview). This is for Oracle Reports 6i. I would prefer it to not have the vertical scrollbar as well as open on the left hand side.

This command line would Maximize the window which is what I don't want.
            RWRUN60.EXE report_name.rdf userid/password maximize=yes

If you don't use the Maximize option, then the window is not maximized and the vertical scroll bar appears. Is there a way to find out what the height and width are by default for this window?

Thanks

Edited by: Roxyrollers on Mar 19, 2013 12:10 PM
            • 3. Re: Resizing the Previewer
              HamidHelal
              Roxyrollers wrote:
              Hi Hamid,
              Sorry, wasn't specific at all! I am trying to Resize the Previewer window (Which you can Invoke from Reports Builder as View -> Runtime Preview). This is for Oracle Reports 6i. I would prefer it to not have the vertical scrollbar as well as open on the left hand side.

This command line would Maximize the window which is what I don't want.
              RWRUN60.EXE report_name.rdf userid/password maximize=yes

If you don't use the Maximize option, then the window is not maximized and the vertical scroll bar appears. Is there a way to find out what the height and width are by default for this window?
              Hi Roxyrollers
              When calling reports add this parameter
              add_parameter(myParamList,'MAXIMIZE',Text_Parameter,'YES');
              Hope this works..

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
              • 4. Re: Resizing the Previewer
                Roxyrollers
                Thank you Hamid.

I don't want to MAXIMIZE the window. I was hoping to Resize the window and was wondering if there is a way to find out if the Height and Width of the window can be changed at Runtime. I am thinking its probably not possible.

Oracle Forms has this functionality and this can be achieved by something like this:
                RESIZE_WINDOW('my_win', 80, 20);
                SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY('my_win', window_size, 80, 20);
                Thanks

Edited by: Roxyrollers on Mar 20, 2013 8:41 AM
                • 5. Re: Resizing the Previewer
                  HamidHelal
                  Roxyrollers wrote:
                  Thank you Hamid.

I don't want to MAXIMIZE the window. I was hoping to Resize the window and was wondering if there is a way to find out if the Height and Width of the window can be changed at Runtime. I am thinking its probably not possible.

Oracle Forms has this functionality and this can be achieved by something like this:
                  RESIZE_WINDOW('my_win', 80, 20);
                  SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY('my_win', window_size, 80, 20);
                  Thanks
                  Hi Roxyrollers
                  Sorry, there is nothing for this.. :(

Hamid