SMerrill8 wrote:What my be happening is that your DBA has been very restrictive on some tables and packages that are usually available to normal Oracle user accounts. Our tools need to get metadata about various database objects including (in this case) Java stored procedures.
Platform: Windows XP 2002 SP3, VS2010
After making connections to Oracle in the Server Explorer Data Connections node +(so I can use the VS2010 tools for Oracle)+, the following two errors occur spontaneously after a compile of a Solution:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
ORA-00904: "DBMS_JAVA"."LONGNAME": invalid identifier
I seem to get one pair of these popups per connection. When I remove the connection(s), the errors go away. I have been forced to use Oracle SQL Developer instead.
Do you have any clue?
SMerrill8 wrote:Just create a file named SQLNET.ORA and put it in the same directory as your TNSNAMES.ORA then follow those instructions. If you have more than one TNSNAMES.ORA you want the one in the Oracle Home where Oracle Developer Tools is installed.
Also I notice that if I have a connection to our two Oracle servers, the connection is named "Oracle Data Provider for .NET"; but the version is different on the two connections. One is 10.2.1.0, and the other is 22.214.171.124.0.
Eventually, I realized that there were a few folders which did not exist on my machine.
In three iterations, the logs asked for the folder %oracle_home%\log\diag\clients to be created.
Then after the last, it created the folder %oracle_home%\log\diag\clients \user_myusername\host_332527008_80\trace\ .
It placed the SQLNET.LOG file in that new folder with this content: