5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 3:30 AM by SyamPrasad N RSS

Is there a way to deny access to BI Publisher -Report job in OBIEE 11g?

user1146711
      Thank you all for the helpful information in the posts. I am trying to disable or not to display Report job under published reporting in OBIEE 11g. Could any one of you you please help me with the steps?

My issue:
      I am pretty new to OBIEE and we are using OBIEE 11g when the user clicks on the new drop down, i am trying to disable or turnoff Report job under published reporting for a user group. I tried to find the relevant components for published reporting to deny access to report job under manage privileges but no luck i couldn't find any and i realized that i should be looking into Manage Bi publisher roles and responsibilities but i cannot remove the roles. Please help me with the steps and the options where i need to go and what i should do to not to display the report job. Your help is greatly appreciated, if i am not clear please let me know i will try to rephrase or explain it better

FYI
      We are using LDAP for user creation and we have created a new group and created a test user belongs to that group and that user should not see the Report job. When i am seeing the users roles and responsibilities it is also showing me other two roles authenticated user role and BI consumer role for the test user, when i asked the admin guy dealing with LDAP he said he only associated the user with that only new group. Please advice

Thanks,
      Ravi

Edited by: user1146711 on Aug 18, 2011 2:00 PM

Edited by: user1146711 on Aug 18, 2011 2:02 PM

Edited by: user1146711 on Aug 18, 2011 2:03 PM