This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 3:52 AM by Anuj Dwivedi RSS

Also aboutOutbound EDI X12 document with multiple ST transactions segments

982871 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Anuj & other B2B Guru,

Firstly, thank you for your previous posts and answers. I am facing this same requirement but different issue.

I need to send EDI X12 834 with multiple ST-SE segments in one envelop. I understand I need to use batch feature to group those single ST-SE 834 transactions with the identical batch group ID.

My question is do I need to include ISA-IEA envelope in 834 document ecs and xsd files? or I only need to include ST-SE segments and am I able to specify ISA-IEA envelop in Oracle B2B?

Thank you,
Alena
  • 1. Re: Also aboutOutbound EDI X12 document with multiple ST transactions segments
    DheerajKumarM Journeyer
    Hi Alena,

While creating the ecs/xsd do not include the envelop and create the ecs/xsd only for ST/SE
    By default, the envelop ecs are pre-seeded

If you want to over ride the envelop ecs files, refer : https://blogs.oracle.com/oracleb2bgurus/entry/customisation_overriding_of_the_envelop

Regards,
    Dheeraj
  • 2. Re: Also aboutOutbound EDI X12 document with multiple ST transactions segments
    Anuj Dwivedi Guru
    Alena,

Detailing to what Dheeraj has already mentioned, Oracle B2B uses three type of ecs files -

1. Transaction set ecs (which you upload in Document Definition)
    2. Group ecs (default group ecs is already seeded in the product but if you want to customize it then you may upload customized group ecs under <ed_doc_version>-->Group tab)
    3. Interchange ecs (default interchange ecs is already seeded in the product but if you want to customize it then you may upload customized interchange ecs under <ed_doc_version>-->Interchange tab)

Transaction set ecs must contain only ST-SE segments. Group ecs must have only GS-GE segments and Interchange ecs must have only ISA-IEA segments.

Regards,
    Anuj

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points