This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 4:12 AM by a.stoyanov RSS

Hierarchy table - where clause

a.stoyanov Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,
I'm using OBIEE 11.1.5. I have a hierarchy table which i want to display in the result of an analysis. I want to add a new table from the New View > Table. It's OK for now but i want to add different filters for each of the 2 tables. Is it possible? Right now if i add a filter - it's handled by both 2 tables. For example - Hierarchy table for products . In the first i want to show product category A and it's children, in the second - product category B with it's children associated.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander.
  • 1. Re: Hierarchy table - where clause
    RajaMohamed Newbie
    Hi,

You can achieve this with the union request where you can have different filter for different request.

Raja Mohamed
  • 2. Re: Hierarchy table - where clause
    a.stoyanov Newbie
    Hi,
    Thanks for reply. Can you specify the steps to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,
    Alexander.
  • 3. Re: Hierarchy table - where clause
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    He suggesting something like below

SELECT saw_0, saw_1 FROM (
    (SELECT Time."Year" saw_0, "#Sales" saw_1 FROM "SA1" WHERE Time."Year" = '2013')
    UNION
    (SELECT "- Open Date"."Open Year" saw_0, "-# Agreements" saw_1 FROM "SA2" WHERE "- Open Date"."Open Year" = '2013')) t1 ORDER BY saw_0

You may use button 'Combine with Similar Request' in criteria tab

If helps mark
  • 4. Re: Hierarchy table - where clause
    a.stoyanov Newbie
    Hi,
    Thanks for reply. I'm not sure if you understand me correctly. For example:
    I have in a table values X, Y, Z. So i want in the result tab - 3 tables: The first one displays X values, the second displays Y values and the third - Z values. I'm not sure if with your proposal i'll solve the issue. In the result there must be 3 different tables/if we consider my example/. So is it possible to have 3 different WHERE clauses/filters/ associated to the tables:
    1. Where <column> = 'X' for the 1st table
    2. Where <column> = 'Y' for the 2nd table
    3. Where <column> = 'Z' for the 3rd table

Sorry if your solution is correct for the relevant issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Alexander.
  • 5. Re: Hierarchy table - where clause
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Using 1 report with 3 different views using 3 different filters I dont think we can do that. I'll keep check for any ones for possible way.

For these kind of requirements we got run time filters like Dashboard/Page/report prompts
    In other way Instead of filters I would suggest to use Pivot table and pull the column in the sections, that would separate the view based on values... if you compromise with layout Pivot table is the good to go.

Btw: At first instance I was not clear with Table (db table or view as in answers) thats the reason I didnt responded.
  • 6. Re: Hierarchy table - where clause
    a.stoyanov Newbie
    Thanks for the help, I think i figured it out. Because in my situation i have a hierarchy table i created some selection steps. It seems good now but it'll be great if there is better solution.

Regards,
    Alexander.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points