4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 12:35 AM by Abhishek98 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

How to create flex family using wecenter sites xml tag

Abhishek98
      Hi,

I used these element to create new family.

OpenMarket/Gator/FlexibleAssets/AssetMaker/complexassetmaker
      OpenMarket/Gator/FlexibleAssets/AssetMaker/confirmmakeasset
      OpenMarket/Gator/FlexibleAssets/AssetMaker/makeasset

After creating new family i am not able to create new attribute or definition .I got error "preupdate element not found for that asset type".

Thanks,

Edited by: 986231 on Mar 20, 2013 12:45 AM
        • 1. Re: How to create flex family using wecenter sites xml tag
          Rodney-Oracle
          I am not sure why you're using these elements to create a new asset family instead of using the UI. Please look at the documentation in the developer guide how to design and create a new flexfamily.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29495_01/index.htm

-Rodney
          • 2. Re: How to create flex family using wecenter sites xml tag
            Abhishek98
            Hi Rondy,

My requirement is to move content from one webcentre instance to anothe webecentre sites instance which is runnign of other machine.

I can not use publishing for this purpose because it requires proper LAN connection between two machine. I can use xml post utility to post attribute ,defination but it does not creates tables. That's why i m trying to create flex family by code first, before importing content by xml utility.

Thanks,
            Abhishek
            • 3. Re: How to create flex family using wecenter sites xml tag
              Rodney-Oracle
              Hi,
              The best and recommended way to go about this is to use CSDT. CSDT can help you export assets, asset types and flex asset families from system A and import it in system B. The cool thing is that it will keep track of the dependencies and will also import asset structures. So using the export command the assets and related structure will be exported in the [Sites install dir]/export/envision in a sub directory that is specified with the -datastore flag. Once exported copy that directory to the same location on System B and run the CSDT command line tool with the import flag and the datastore flag.

Please take a look at the developer tool guide that explains how you can use CSDT command line tool to do this.
              I assume you are on either Sites 11gR1 or Sites 11gR1 BP1.
              Link: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29495_01/doc.1111/webcenter_sites_11gr1_bp1_developer_tools.pdf
              Page 57: Command-Line Tool

Hope this is useful to you.

Regards,
              Rodney
              • 4. Re: How to create flex family using wecenter sites xml tag
                Abhishek98
                Hi Rondy,

Thanks for your reply.

I am able to install site using CSDT.

Thanks ,
                Abhishek