This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 9:02 AM by VC RSS

Upgraded to IE 10....rich text editor not working anymore!

HighTen76 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Just upgraded to Internet Explorer 10. Now, my Rich Text editor page items are not working anymore. Instead of displaying the rich content (formatted), it simply displays the text with all the tags (ie HTML tags) in the text box.

Thanks.
Francois
  • 1. Re: Upgraded to IE 10....rich text editor not working anymore!
    VC Guru
    HighTen76 wrote:
    Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Just upgraded to Internet Explorer 10. Now, my Rich Text editor page items are not working anymore. Instead of displaying the rich content (formatted), it simply displays the text with all the tags (ie HTML tags) in the text box.

Thanks.
    Francois
    APEX 4.2 uses CKeditor 3.6.4 for rich text editor.

It seems there is a problem with that version in IE10 http://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/9741
  • 2. Re: Upgraded to IE 10....rich text editor not working anymore!
    HighTen76 Newbie
    I'm actually trying under both Apex 3.2.1 and Apex 4.0 and I have the same problem in both. My Rich Text Editors aren't working anymore
  • 3. Re: Upgraded to IE 10....rich text editor not working anymore!
    VC Guru
    HighTen76 wrote:
    I'm actually trying under both Apex 3.2.1 and Apex 4.0 and I have the same problem in both. My Rich Text Editors aren't working anymore
    These are further old versions and they will have same problem, and IE 10 was release after the release of these APEX versions so I don't expect them to work.

And I don't think rich text editor was available in apex 3.2??
    see http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14373_01/appdev.32/e11838/bldapp.htm#sthref862

When you say 'aren't working anymore' - debug it and post any error messages displayed in the javascript error console after the page has loaded completely.
  • 4. Re: Upgraded to IE 10....rich text editor not working anymore!
    HighTen76 Newbie
    Actually, in Apex 3.2.1 the same item type is called HTML Editor Standard and is not working properly as of the upgrade to Internet Explorer 10. was working fine up until IE9.
    I don't get error messages, it simply displays all the text without the proper rich text formatting and the page display the item's tool bar.
  • 5. Re: Upgraded to IE 10....rich text editor not working anymore!
    VC Guru
    HighTen76 wrote:
    Actually, in Apex 3.2.1 the same item type is called HTML Editor Standard and is not working properly as of the upgrade to Internet Explorer 10. was working fine up until IE9.
    I don't get error messages, it simply displays all the text without the proper rich text formatting and the page display the item's tool bar.
    Again reiterating my above answer in other words:
    apex 3.2 was released before Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 was released or even developed!, so I don't expect html editor to work on IE10

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points