This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2013 5:15 PM by NeoSong RSS

Please help me about jdeveloper application deployment for weblogic

NeoSong Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
At the beginning I just thought after developing an adf application then just deploy it as a .ear file and deploy it in the weblogic console and everything will be ok.But in fact I got a lot of problems. Then I got a tutorial for that and I do what it said step by step but some new problems occured. This is the tutorial I mentioned: [How-To: ADF Deployment Guide|http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jdeveloper/howto/11114/managedserver/wlsadfms.htm]

Now could somebody tell how did you deploy your adf application?

Here is the errors I got.

This is the install packege and the OS I use:
1. CentOS 6.3_x64 + jdeveloper11123.jar(include wls10.3.5) + adr(package name is ofm_appdev_generic_11.1.1.6.0_disk1_1of1.zip)[and just now I used a solaris11 vm from oracle and install jdeveloper11.1.2.3, the same probem occured as in CentOS.]
2. Win7_x64 + jdeveoper11123.exe(include wls10.3.5) + adr mentioned above

Here is the problems I get:
in the case 1,after I install the jdeveloper(using sun jdk 1.7), the weblogic seems to be well though I didn't configure a domain.But after I open an
application(which I get from the oracle jdeveloper tutorial demo,which works well in my Win7 env) and I run it, the integrated weblogic can't get
started. Firstly in the console it said the -jrocket identifier is not recognized, then I modify the setDomainEnv.sh and the startWebLogic.sh file in the
integrated wls domain (the one in the .jdeveloper directer) to set the JAVA_VM variable to -server.After that another problem came out: when the
wls goes to status "starting",it is blocked and I turn to the system monitor it shows that a java thread using more than 1GB of memory of my system
and occupy 150% of my cpu(it's a double-core computer). I wait for about 5 minutes when a error came said "PermSize is too small".then I modify the
setDomainEnv.sh file again to set the PermSize to be 1024m and MaxPermSize to be 2048.(the variable name is something like that, maybe not the
exactly right. I think you can understand which one it is.) But the problem is still there.

then in the case 2.Firstly the jdev and the integrated wls works well, but when i deploy an application which works well to a ear file and deploy it to a
standalone wls(10.3.5) it never works.the error is something referrence/dependences libraries is not found.Then I tried to new a server connection to
the standalone wls and I got the tutorial [how_to_deploy_adf|http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jdeveloper/howto/11114/managedserver/wlsadfms.html] , as the tutorial said I patch my standalone
wls with the adr and everything goes ok, no error reported.Then I tried the new server in the new machine under the manage of the adminserver and apply the
adf template in the localhost:port/em console. But after I restart the new server(by the console and then by the stop+startweblogic.bat file) the server is running
while the application in the new server is just "Unavailable". I tried this for three times in three computer, two of them are running win7,the other one is running winxp.

I don't know what is wrong and I am totally a newbie about this. Somebody please help me.Thanks a lot!

regard,Neo.
  • 1. Re: Please help me about jdeveloper application deployment for weblogic
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    Neo,
    there are a couple of problems. First of all, jdev comes with it'S own jdk bundled in the product (jdk 1.6_x). Next thing is if you use JDev 11.1.2.3.0 to build an application you must use a wls 10.3.5 or 10.3.6 where you need to install the correct runtime onto. In your case you first install adf runtime 11.1.1.6.0 and then you need to install two patches which update the adf runtime to 11.1.2.3.0. These spathes are only available via support.oracle.com, meaning you need asupport contract to get them.
    More information you can find in my blog http://tompeez.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/jdeveloper-versions-vs-weblogic-server-versions/
    The rest of your problems go away once you have installed the right adf runtime on your server.

Timo
  • 2. Re: Please help me about jdeveloper application deployment for weblogic
    NeoSong Newbie
    Thank you very much for you help.

I have known there must be something with the patches while I am just studing now so I don't have a sci.
    Now your answer confirms this.

Thanks a lot!
  • 3. Re: Please help me about jdeveloper application deployment for weblogic
    NeoSong Newbie
    Now I confirm that a csi is neccesary and I told this to my manager but he just didn't believe me and said "no, that is impossible. It is wrong." And I don't know what to say...

You said that the corresponding jdk 1.6x is needed, but while I install jdev in win7_64 with jdk1.7(the latest), it just works well.

Then another question please, I have ever deployed an application developed by eclipse, a simple jsp project as a war file, and it worked well in weblogic. Then is it true that
    "as long as the project is using adf, the patches is neccessary"?
    Thanks.

regard,Neo

Edited by: Neo Song on 2013-3-22 下午5:57
  • 4. Re: Please help me about jdeveloper application deployment for weblogic
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    I never said that is will not work with jdk 1.7, but it's not certified (check http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/jdev11gr2-cert-405181.html). If it works for you, OK, if you run into trouble, well, the firts thing support asks you is to use a certified jdk.

If you don't have a support contract but still want to use JSF 2.0 you can take a look at ADF Essentials (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/overview/adfessentials-1719844.html) which is the free version, but does not offer all components. However, you can't use WLS with essentials, you use glassfish or tomcat.

Timo
  • 5. Re: Please help me about jdeveloper application deployment for weblogic
    NeoSong Newbie
    Thank you.I am trying glassfish now.

Neo

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points