2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 11:31 AM by Ramani_apex RSS

Nested LOV and auto move entry field and next row entry

Ramani_apex
      I have try to Nested LOV with submit set value to another LOV. when i choose next/last lov its reflected other previously selected LOV's with null value or wrong value.is it any issue with database column in Source value or expression?coz iam using these lOV to Master Data store table.now i defined only static LOV for sample.

2nd issue the tablar form data entry field should be auto move when i press enter and once reached last field then next row should be insert and ready to enter the value(i mean withour pressing Add Row row button)

please anyone can login in my app's the following...
      Workspace; RAM_R&D
      User Name: ARAMANI
      Password  :apex
      http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=36167:3
      Thanx
      Ram
        • 1. Re: Nested LOV and auto move entry field and next row entry
          Nattu
          Hi,

1) When you need to nest the lovs, you need to enter the parent lov name in the field "Cascading LOV Parent Item(s)" of the child lov, so that it will refresh the child lov values based on the selection of parent. (I changed in your application). Also, you dont need to set the field "Display Extra Values" to yes unless you really really need it.
          2) Regarding your requirement to insert a new row upon entering the last column, I cannot say its impossible, however you need to sweat out to get and its purely on javascript. Please keep in mind that it is not a spreadsheet but a data entry form, so we cannot have all the options that a spreadsheet has.

Regards,

Natarajan
          • 2. Re: Nested LOV and auto move entry field and next row entry
            Ramani_apex
            Hai Natarajan,

Thank you for your quick reply,really iam not aware the cascading LOV option,thanx again...
            2) auto row entry (like oracle forms option)
            iam waiting for some one can help!

Thanx,
            Ram