This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
I'm afraid this is more a BPM question.
As for UCM, all you might need:
- calling a service to get the value of the custom metadata attribute
- calling a service to store the value of the custom metadata, if changed
Note that BPM workflows may have its own metadata (that might have nothing to do with UCM or a document attached).
OK, so you are using the attachment option from BPM.
I gave you few hints in my previous post, but I will explain them in more details:
a) BPM has its own metadata
Forget for your document for a moment - the BPM process instance still can have its own metadata. These are used when you create BPM screen flows.
I think you will need to create a BPM parameter to store your custom value first. (and this is really purely a BPM question)
b) A document can be attached to a BPM process instance
In a sense, such a document is nothing, but an additional information for the BPM process instance. This has nothing to do with document-oriented workflow (quite often, the attached document enters no workflow at all); it is the BPM process instance that routes across the organization, not the document.
c) BPM metadata <--> UCM metadata
AFAIK, there is no integration between BPM and UCM concerning metadata. You may check-in (attach) a new document using UCM profiles, but for your process this value is not visible - unless you call a service to retrieve it/update it. If you implemented a) (created your custom value in BPM), you may call UCM's services to update this value - at the minimum when you are leaving from the BPM workflow step.
I want to save some flexField value of a BPM human task into a custom field created in UCM doc store, for that i done the following steps
1) Created a custom field in UCM document store
2) Created a flex field in BPM work Space
3) Added pay load in human task from the "data" tab of human task flow
4) Mapped Pay load with the flex field of BPM Work Space
5) Now when I want to map the pay load attribute by adding a custom attribute in the "documents" tab of the human task, IDE is not allowing to add any custom fields except the pre populated values.
In this situation if I want one of my human task payload attribute to be saved in the custom field created in the document store how to do it. According to the Oracles guide we can add a new attribute through the "**document**" tab of the human task flow but it is not happening.