1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 2:30 PM by Michael Ferrante-Oracle RSS

Oracle Form handing due to JRE Becoming non-responsive

Hi All,

The application I support runs on Oracle forms, and obviously user require JRE to launch the application.

Users which are doing heavy amounts of copy/paste from Excel to the form are facing a problem where their form starts to hang, and JRE on task manager becomes non-responsive - meaning they need to kill the program and lose their work.

I simulated the issue in our UAT env, enabling a trace on my JRE. I found below exception in the Log generated, any ideas on it or resolving it?

oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException: Forms session <1,045> aborted: unable to communicate with runtime process.
           at oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException.createConnectionException(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.getResponse(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.doFlush(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.flush(Unknown Source)
           at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.net.StreamMessageWriter.run(Unknown Source)
      java.io.EOFException
           at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedByte(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Message.readDetails(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Message.readDetails(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.net.StreamMessageReader.run(Unknown Source)
      basic: Starting applet teardown
      basic: Finished applet teardown
      basic: Starting applet teardown
      basic: Finished applet teardown

JRE in use is 1.6.0_35

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: fixxxer on 22-Mar-2013 10:53
        • 1. Re: Oracle Form handing due to JRE Becoming non-responsive
          Michael Ferrante-Oracle
          Because you didn't provide product version or platform information it will be difficult to offer anything specific. However, it is likely that the reason for the hang condition is not because the client side has an issue, but because the server side runtime (frmweb) has crashed. As always, my first suggestion is to ensure that you are using the latest product version as your issue may have been a defect that has since been corrected. The latest version is 11.1.2.1. Although not likely a client side issue, same holds true of the JRE. Consider using JRE 1.6.0_43 (uninstall the old version(s) first).