2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2013 5:14 PM by 988759 RSS

reusable CRUD toolbar in the template page

Hi ,
      my Jdeveloper version

in a previous post thread
      in the following link
      Re: making reusable toolbar in the template page
      i sent how to make resuable toolbar in template page and it works good with me
      , but i want to make CRUD ( create - update - delete , ...) in the toolbar .
      i implemented the create method ( in the consumed applications ) of the interface to be like this
      BindingContainer bindings = getBindings();
      OperationBinding operationBinding = bindings.getOperationBinding("CreateInsert");
      Object result = operationBinding.execute();
      *if (!operationBinding.getErrors().isEmpty()) {*
      return null;
      but give me Null Pointer Exception

how can i make resauble CRUD toolbar in the template page
        • 1. Re: reusable CRUD toolbar in the template page
          Timo Hahn
          In his article http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/issue-archive/2012/12-nov/o62adf-1867716.html Frank describes this use case

One common Oracle ADF Region use case that frequently appears on the Oracle Technology Network Oracle JDeveloper forum is a global toolbar or menu bar within a parent view. The goal is to have the global toolbar perform actions, such as data iteration, create/update/delete operations, or context-sensitive help display, on the view displayed in a separate region.
          and this '079.     Strategy for implementing global buttons in a page template' http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/learnmore/79-global-template-button-strategy-360139.pdf should get you started

• 2. Re: reusable CRUD toolbar in the template page
            thanks Timo for replay
            i already apply what is in the example
            it works good but the problem when making CRUD operation bindings it gives me Null pointer exception ,
            Q1 : how can i access operation bindings inside the methods which implement the interface ?
            i search about making global toolbar using declarative components
            which is better using Declarative components or using toolbar in the page template ?