This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 10:23 AM by Lombo RSS

BIPublisherDesktop32

998742 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello

I have some problems install Oracle BI Publisher Desktop 11.1.1.6.0 for 32 bit Office on Windows.

Configuration Information:
Win 7 64 bit enterprise
Ms Office 2007 32 bit
JDK 1.7u17 32 bit

When I install BIPublisherDesktop32.exe, it is unsuccessful. The error message is 'please make sure JRE version 1.6 or later is intalled'.

Any thoughts?
  • 1. Re: BIPublisherDesktop32
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Since your OS is 64bit and JDK 1.7u17 32 this might be a reason for that. If possible go for java 64 bit.

I would suggest to go for Jdk1.6 with 31 update.
    That is most stable version and need to go for critical patches frequently.

Just give a try if helps mark

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Mar 23, 2013 12:16 PM
  • 2. Re: BIPublisherDesktop32
    Lombo Journeyer
    Hello Srini
    I've had the same problem but was able to install it on a XP notebook... not on my windows 7 preferable notebook. I've tried to download a previous version but I only got the latest release... Pls. could you indicate how to download the Jdk1.6 with 31 update or maybe downgrade the latest version ?
    Txs a lot
    Antonio

PS using the download bidesktop from 11.1.1.5 version it install ok on the windows 7 above with the latest java. Not the 11.1.1.6
  • 3. Re: BIPublisherDesktop32
    SunilSharma Expert
    you can download the jdk 1.6.0_31 from here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jdk-6u31-oth-JPR

please mark helpful/correct.

Thanks,
    RM
  • 4. Re: BIPublisherDesktop32
    Lombo Journeyer
    Many txs.
    Antonio
  • 5. Re: BIPublisherDesktop32
    Lombo Journeyer
    Ok. I was able to download 1.6... txs. Tried to mark it helpful but cannot see the button.

OTH, I do have java 1.7 installed (and being used by other apps)... Can I just go ahead and install 1.6 ? Any possible problem ?
    Txs.
    Antonio

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points