This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2013 7:14 PM by 998396 RSS

Oracle VM installation error for

998396 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm trying to install Windows server 2003 on Oracle VM which is installed on Windows 7. I've installed Oracle VM for 64 bit and extension pack on Windows 7. I followed the steps to create Windows 2003 and when tried to start this, I got message saying that "No bootable medium found, System halted". I found some thread and it says that I need to have ISO image. I've downloaded ISO from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=21700 but still no luck. It seems that its not correct one. Can you please let me know from where I can get it and how can I resolve this?

Thanks for your help!
  • 1. Re: Oracle VM installation error for
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    Your link to that Microspft web page shows that you downloaded a Service Pack.
    A Service Pack is nothing more than a grouping of patches and is NOT an Operating System.
    You need the entire original Microsoft OS, not merely a Service Pack.

Go buy a copy of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and start all over again.
  • 2. Re: Oracle VM installation error for
    998396 Newbie
    Thanks for help!
    I was able to get ISO image and installed 2008 server on VM. Now I want to copy some software from my Windows 7 machine to VM. Could you please advice how do I access another machine? I tried to ping Windows 7 from VM but not getting reply.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points