This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2013 4:02 AM by user11982706 RSS

Recovery Till particular SCN on standby

user11982706 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
DB Version : 11.2.0.1
OS Version: AIX 7.1

I am having a physical standby databse, which i am managing manually (not through dataguard broker). Say i have a gap of 1 hour by the time archive generated on PROD and get applied on standby. Now, if some user have deleted some data from table and i know the exact time of deletion, then is it possible to apply archives to a particular SCN and then open DB to get the rows just belore deletion ? If yes, please point to some documentation for same.
  • 1. Re: Recovery Till particular SCN on standby
    CKPT Guru
    I am having a physical standby databse, which i am managing manually (not through dataguard broker). Say i have a gap of 1 hour by the time archive generated on PROD and get applied on standby. Now, if some user have deleted some data from table and i know the exact time of deletion, then is it possible to apply archives to a particular SCN and then open DB to get the rows just belore deletion ? If yes, please point to some documentation for same.
    What is the version you are using?

Yes, you can perform until the time you want as
    SQL> RECOVER STANDBY DATABASE UNTIL TIME ' YYYY-MM-DD:HH24:MI:SS';

In detail you can refer http://laurentschneider.com/wordpress/2011/11/failover-to-standby-with-a-delay-until-time.html
  • 2. Re: Recovery Till particular SCN on standby
    user11982706 Newbie
    Thanks for pointing to this link. I will give it a try and will update.
  • 3. Re: Recovery Till particular SCN on standby
    user11982706 Newbie
    Thanks again CKPT for pointing to that link, i have tried the recovery of physical standby till a particular Time and details the steps in below blog.

http://orasteps.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/standby-recovery-to-a-particular-scntime/

Just mentioned the steps, so that anyone else looking for same, can get it easily. Thanks again !!!!!!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points