3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2013 8:11 PM by VC

Page Item only refresh into session

SebastianScholz
      Hello APEX Experts

I have some troubles with a "Set Value" Dynamic Action. What I want to do is set a Page Item with a specific variable derived from javascript. So basically I have a javascript variable 'test' that is being changed in javascript code. I am using a dynamic Action "Set Value" to set this value into a page item. As source, Im using "Javascript Expression". It is working, however, the Set Value Dynamic Action with JAvascript expression does not reflect this change in the session, so the page item is not updated.

I tried:

$s -> does not work
      apex.submit -> does work, however submits the page. I need to submit only the Page item.

Any Idea?

Best Regards
      Sebastian
        • 1. Re: Page Item only refresh into session
          SebastianScholz
          I have found a "solution" which is more a workaround: I created a dynamic action of type Set Value and use a dummy PL/SQL Expression. When choosing PL/SQL, I can set "Page Items to submit" which will then do the job. So yes, it is now working, but I am interested in better solutions and dont unerstand why for Javascript Expression the option "Page Items to submit" is not available?

Best Regards
          Sebastian
          • 2. Re: Page Item only refresh into session
            VC
            SebastianScholz wrote:
            Hello APEX Experts

I have some troubles with a "Set Value" Dynamic Action. What I want to do is set a Page Item with a specific variable derived from javascript. So basically I have a javascript variable 'test' that is being changed in javascript code. I am using a dynamic Action "Set Value" to set this value into a page item. As source, Im using "Javascript Expression". It is working, however, the Set Value Dynamic Action with JAvascript expression does not reflect this change in the session, so the page item is not updated.

I tried:

$s -> does not work
            apex.submit -> does work, however submits the page. I need to submit only the Page item.

Any Idea?
            Try this {message:id=10670004}
            1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Page Item only refresh into session
              VC
              SebastianScholz wrote:
              but I am interested in better solutions and dont unerstand why for Javascript Expression the option "Page Items to submit" is not available?
              because JavaScript itself cannot change the items session state, it needs to be done via ajax - which is your case now.

So its not a workaround and its the way you have to use.