1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 10:04 PM by 997421 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
        997421
        here in second form now i get the problem.

        WHEN NEW FORM INSTANCE CODE:
        ------------------------------------------
        I TRY TO EXECUTE THIS CODE I GET SOME ERROR'S LIKE NUL EXEPTING LIKE BETWWEN SOME THING.

        CODE:
        -----------
        IF :PARAMETER.PROJECTNAME NOT NULL and :PARAMETER.TASKCODE NOT NULL THEN
        SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('XXPLL_BVA_V',DEFAULT_WHERE,'PROJECT_SEGMENT1='||:PARAMETER.PROJECTNAME||' and TASK_NAME='||:PARAMETER.TASKCODE);
        GO_BLOCK('XXPLL_BVA_V')
        EXECUTE_QUERY;

        END IF
        • 16. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
          HamidHelal
          994418 wrote:
          here in second form now i get the problem.

          WHEN NEW FORM INSTANCE CODE:
          ------------------------------------------
          I TRY TO EXECUTE THIS CODE I GET SOME ERROR'S LIKE NUL EXEPTING LIKE BETWWEN SOME THING.

          CODE:
          -----------
          IF :PARAMETER.PROJECTNAME NOT NULL and :PARAMETER.TASKCODE NOT NULL THEN
          SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('XXPLL_BVA_V',DEFAULT_WHERE,'PROJECT_SEGMENT1='||:PARAMETER.PROJECTNAME||' and TASK_NAME='||:PARAMETER.TASKCODE);
          GO_BLOCK('XXPLL_BVA_V')
          EXECUTE_QUERY;

          END IF
          Most probably u'r parameter data type is not number. it's may be char or date. If not number you will get some error. Try this
          DECLARE
            QT VARCHAR2(10) :='''';
            
          BEGIN
            IF :PARAMETER.PROJECTNAME IS NOT NULL AND :PARAMETER.TASKCODE IS NOT NULL THEN
              SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('XXPLL_BVA_V',DEFAULT_WHERE,'PROJECT_SEGMENT1='||QT||:PARAMETER.PROJECTNAME||QT||' and TASK_NAME='||QT||:PARAMETER.TASKCODE||QT);
              GO_BLOCK('XXPLL_BVA_V')
              EXECUTE_QUERY;
            
            END IF;
          
          END;
          Hope it works...

          Hamid

          Edited by: HamidHelal on Mar 20, 2013 5:41 PM
          • 17. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
            997421
            thamks hamid ,i will check it

            Regards,
            sekhar
            • 18. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
              997421
              Hi Hamid,
              using parameters i can not get result.so that iapproach global variables method but still i cannot get the result.here i am posting what iam using code in triggers level .can u check once if there is any errors

              when button pressed trigger:

              -- Define global for PROJECT_SEGMENT1
              :GLOBAL.PROJECT_SEGMENT1:=:XXPLL_BVA.PROJECT_SEGMENT1;
              -- Define global for TASK_NAME
              :GLOBAL.TASK_NAME:=:XXPLL_BVA.TASK_NAME;
              -- Now call the second form
              CALL_FORM('/home/applmgr/prodappl/xxpll/11.5.0/forms/US/XXPLL_CHKFND_VIEW.fmx',NO_HIDE,DO_REPLACE,NO_QUERY_ONLY);


              when new from instance trigger:
              --Make sure the Gloabls exist
              DEFAULT_VALUE(NULL, 'GLOBAL.PROJECT_SEGMENT1');
              DEFAULT_VALUE(NULL, 'GLOBAL.TASK_NAME');
              IF :GLOBAL.PROJECT_SEGMENT1=:XXPLL_BVA.PROJECT_SEGMENT1 AND
              :GLOBAL.TASK_NAME=:XXPLL_BVA.TASK_NAME THEN
              -- go to the XXPLL_BVA_PO_DETAILS-block
              GO_BLOCK('XXPLL_BVA_PO_DETAILS');
              -- execute the query
              EXECUTE_QUERY;

              END IF;
              • 19. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
                HamidHelal
                994418 wrote:
                Hi Hamid,
                using parameters i can not get result.so that iapproach global variables method but still i cannot get the result.here i am posting what iam using code in triggers level .can u check once if there is any errors

                when button pressed trigger:

                -- Define global for PROJECT_SEGMENT1
                :GLOBAL.PROJECT_SEGMENT1:=:XXPLL_BVA.PROJECT_SEGMENT1;
                -- Define global for TASK_NAME
                :GLOBAL.TASK_NAME:=:XXPLL_BVA.TASK_NAME;
                -- Now call the second form
                CALL_FORM('/home/applmgr/prodappl/xxpll/11.5.0/forms/US/XXPLL_CHKFND_VIEW.fmx',NO_HIDE,DO_REPLACE,NO_QUERY_ONLY);


                when new from instance trigger:
                --Make sure the Gloabls exist
                DEFAULT_VALUE(NULL, 'GLOBAL.PROJECT_SEGMENT1');
                DEFAULT_VALUE(NULL, 'GLOBAL.TASK_NAME');
                IF :GLOBAL.PROJECT_SEGMENT1=:XXPLL_BVA.PROJECT_SEGMENT1 AND
                :GLOBAL.TASK_NAME=:XXPLL_BVA.TASK_NAME THEN
                -- go to the XXPLL_BVA_PO_DETAILS-block
                GO_BLOCK('XXPLL_BVA_PO_DETAILS');
                -- execute the query
                EXECUTE_QUERY;

                END IF;
                Give me few question's answer first ?
                1. what is the data type of :XXPLL_BVA.PROJECT_SEGMENT1 and :XXPLL_BVA.TASK_NAME ?
                second,
                2. does your call form works ?
                3. without any condition does second (called) forms populate (execute query) ?

                if 2 and 3 works.. then problem in the
                SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('XXPLL_BVA_V',DEFAULT_WHERE,'PROJECT_SEGMENT1='||QT||:PARAMETER.PROJECTNAME||QT||' and >TASK_NAME='||QT||:PARAMETER.TASKCODE||QT);
                > GO_BLOCK('XXPLL_BVA_V')
                > EXECUTE_QUERY;

                if 2,3 works and 1 have char or data data type then
                try
                /* sample when new-form-instance */
                DECLARE
                  QT VARCHAR2(10) :='''';
                  
                BEGIN
                
                    SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('XXPLL_BVA_V',DEFAULT_WHERE,'PROJECT_SEGMENT1='||QT||:GLOBAL.PROJECT_SEGMENT1||QT||' and TASK_NAME='||QT||:GLOBAL.TASK_NAME||QT);
                    GO_BLOCK('XXPLL_BVA_PO_DETAILS')
                    EXECUTE_QUERY;
                end;
                Please follow my steps and if not work.. post in details...

                Hamid
                • 20. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
                  997421
                  THE TWO FILEDS DATA TYPES ARE VARCHAR2 (30 BYTE).here what vlaue assign for QT
                  • 21. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
                    HamidHelal
                    994418 wrote:
                    THE TWO FILEDS DATA TYPES ARE VARCHAR2 (30 BYTE).here what vlaue assign for QT
                    Ohh!
                    You didn't answer my other two questions..
                    In DECLARE section i assigned the valu fo QT, did you see ?

                    Hamid
                    • 22. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
                      997421
                      2.does your call form works ?
                      yes working
                      3. without any condition does second (called) forms populate (execute query) ?
                      no

                      Regards,
                      sekhar
                      • 23. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
                        HamidHelal
                        994418 wrote:
                        2.does your call form works ?
                        yes working
                        3. without any condition does second (called) forms populate (execute query) ?
                        no
                        Hi, sekhar
                        How can i say problem with the code in when-new-form instance trigger ? parameter and global variable. ?
                        First solve point 3.

                        we should go sequential.

                        Regards,

                        Hamid
                        • 24. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
                          997421
                          Hi Hamid,
                          once again Thanks, but still my problem is not solved.In coding level everything is fine.the second form also register into the oracle applications.the second form name was"XXPLL_TEST1".but in firstform level after click on the button the second form don't be shown.
                          i get these problem:"FRM-40010:can't read XXPLl_TEST1"
                          but close the first form and open the second form what are the global variables show this form,executed here
                          i writing code in buuton level:
                          :GLOBAL.PROJECTSEGMENT1:=:XXPLL_BVA.PROJECT_SEGMENT1;
                          :GLOBAL.PROJECTTASK:=:XXPLL_BVA.TASK_NAME;
                          OPEN_FORM('XXPLL_TEST1',activate,session,no_share_library_data);
                          when new form instance trigger level:
                          DECLARE
                          QT VARCHAR2(10) :='''';
                          BEGIN
                          IF :GLOBAL.PROJECTSEGMENT1 IS NOT NULL AND :GLOBAL.PROJECTTASK IS NOT NULL THEN
                          SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('XXPLL_BVA',DEFAULT_WHERE,'PROJECT_SEGMENT1='||QT||:GLOBAL.PROJECTSEGMENT1||QT||' and TASK_NAME='||QT||:GLOBAL.PROJECTTASK||QT);
                          GO_BLOCK('XXPLL_BVA');
                          EXECUTE_QUERY;

                          END IF;

                          END;

                          Regards,
                          sekhar.

                          Edited by: 994418 on 24 Mar, 2013 11:37 PM
                          • 25. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
                            997421
                            HI HAMID THANKS A LOT.NOW IT'S WORKING WELL.I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPEND BACKEND DATABASE OF THE ORACLE APPLICATIONS.NOW 50% TASK COMPLETED.REMAINING SOME CONDITIONS ARE THERE.CAN U HELP ME.BASED ON U RESPONCE I WILL POST MY NEW REQUIRMNET

                            REGARDS,
                            SEKHAR.

                            Edited by: 994418 on 25 Mar, 2013 12:03 AM
                            • 26. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
                              997421
                              Hi HAMID
                              i get the new requirment .i finished the 50% task.now i get the mew problem.actully my requirmnet is already u know one custom form is there,placed on the one button on custom form .click on this new form will be opened.
                              but this button will be enable based on the condition.in my first my form(custom form) one filed is there called rejected value.this rejected value displays some amount vallue.here rejected value is zero(0) then buttton will be disbale,other rejected value gretaer then zero(>0) then only button enabled.any one help me..........


                              Regards,
                              sekhar
                              • 27. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
                                HamidHelal
                                994418 wrote:
                                Hi HAMID
                                Hi sekhar
                                Good to here you are solved your problems. If you share the solution other people can get same kind of help from you.

                                Also when you mark any thread as answer, if it solved add *[Solved]* left of your subject line.

                                Hamid


                                Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
                                • 28. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
                                  997421
                                  HI HAMID .NOW ALMOST ALL REQUIRMNET COMPLETED.I HAVE A ONE CONDITION APPLY HERE,i.e ONCE CLICK ON BUTTON SECOND FORM WIIL BE OPENED,HERE THE SECOND FORM WILL CLOSED MANUALLY THEN ONLY THE CURSOR MOVE BACK TO FIRST FORM.CAN U HELP ME PLEASE..

                                  REGARDS,
                                  SEKHAR.
                                  • 29. Re: how to pass the one form filed to second form parameter
                                    HamidHelal
                                    994418 wrote:
                                    HI HAMID .NOW ALMOST ALL REQUIRMNET COMPLETED.I HAVE A ONE CONDITION APPLY HERE,i.e ONCE CLICK ON BUTTON SECOND FORM WIIL BE OPENED,HERE THE SECOND FORM WILL CLOSED MANUALLY THEN ONLY THE CURSOR MOVE BACK TO FIRST FORM.CAN U HELP ME PLEASE..
                                    Hi, SEKHAR.
                                    What code you use to open the second form ? If you want to get focus back called form then use
                                    CALL_FORM Built-in
                                    /* sample code */
                                    CALL_FORM(formmodule_name VARCHAR2,display NUMBER,switch_menu NUMBER,query_mode NUMBER,data_mode NUMBER,paramlist_id PARAMLIST);
                                    Search at forms Help for more details..

                                    Hope this helps


                                    Hamid



                                    Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*