We are trying to import an Oracle dump within a Express Edition, without success. We got the error message: ORA-39213: Metadata processing is not available.
A) Source data base: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 184.108.40.206.0
B) Target data base: Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 220.127.116.11.0
Searching for solution led us to following forum entries:
1. http://kmpdba.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/ora-39213-metadata-processing-is-not-available/ Cause: DBMS_METADATA_UTIL package does not successfully ran. Solution: to install (among others) SQL> @$ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/initjvm.sql
2. But: there is no @$ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/initjvm.sql scrript -> http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/enterprise-edition/comparisons/index.html -> Oracle 11g EX does not support java
a) Does support Oracle 11g EX the impdp utility at all ?
b) How would it be possible to import the above mentioned dump from (A) into (B) ?
The XSL files are not distributed with Oracle 11g XE, but seems to be pre-loaded in the default database created by the installer. If you try to create your own database it wont have the stylesheets loaded and you'll need the xsl files to load them up.
The quick solution will be to copy the 180 xsl files from an Oracle 18.104.22.168 Enterprise to your Oracle 11g installation ($ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/xml/xsl/) and load the stylesheets.
1) copy jvm and XML directories from an Oracle J2EE Installation
2) installing jvm using @$ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/initjvm.sql - no success
3) reloding datapump with @?/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql as SYS (get all connections stopped first)
4) showing result by select comp_name, version, status from dba_registry:
Oracle Application Express4.0.2.00.09 VALID
Oracle XML Database 22.214.171.124.0 VALID
Oracle Text 126.96.36.199.0 VALID
Oracle Database Catalog Views 188.8.131.52.0 INVALID
Oracle Database Packages and Types 184.108.40.206.0 VALID
JServer JAVA Virtual Machine LOADING
Java inside the database never used to be supported for XE (not sure if that changed recently) so I'd deinstall whatever java it managed to create as it seems to be in an odd state anyway. Once that has gone re-run catproc.sql again.
Once you have done both of those check what objects are invalid in the sys schema - hopefully none. If there are none just try datapump again - if there are some please let us know what is still invalid.
1) the missing XSL Directory was copied from an Oracle EE Installation (179 files)
2) kupostdt.xsl was copied from here: Re: Upgrade from XE10 to XE11
3) stylesheets have been loaded by execute sys.dbms_metadata_util.load_stylesheets;