This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 8:37 AM by FabioDouek RSS

how to redirect soap url using osb ?

user9154218 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
How can we redirect soap url using OSB ?

we have a issue in our company, where we want to redirect the request url to some other web service using osb.

Please help.
  • 1. Re: how to redirect soap url using osb ?
    FabioDouek Journeyer
    Hi,

Based on which parameters do you want to do the redirect? Just based on the URL?
    How many redirects do you need?

1) If we are talking about a few rules, I would write Proxy Services and use the routing action to route to the other Proxy Service (note that this is not a real redirect, is a routing)
    2) If there are loads of redirect rules and it's just based on URL, you could do this at the load balancer level (before hitting OSB), which will depend on which load balancer you are using

Regards,
    Fabio Douek
  • 2. Re: how to redirect soap url using osb ?
    FabioDouek Journeyer
    I just saw in another post that you are using OHS. You could easily have some rules based on the endpoint and translate the URL.

Regards,
    Fabio Douek
  • 3. Re: how to redirect soap url using osb ?
    user9154218 Newbie
    Hi,

Sorry for a late reply(i was out of town).

I am having the first case. i.e I want to redirect only one of my webservice requests to another url.

I will try your method of one proxy service calling another.

Also, I have found out "follow Http redirects" option for business service. Will this work for my issue ?
  • 4. Re: how to redirect soap url using osb ?
    FabioDouek Journeyer
    Hi,

The business service is used in the outbound connection, so it's not applicable in your case, as you want the service consumer to request another URI.

I gave you a few options on how to do it, but could you explain what you are trying to achieve in a high level? In which scenarios do you need this redirect, and why?

Regards,
    Fabio Douek
  • 5. Re: how to redirect soap url using osb ?
    user9154218 Newbie
    Hi,

I will explain what I exactly want to achieve.

we have an existing system(web page) where users logs in with their username and password(authentication). Once they give the credentials and hit enter we are using OWSM + OSB to authenticate the user and implement SAML assertions to ensure security .

I am able to succeed till this point. And also getting the required response output after implementing saml token policy.

***** Now, However instead of getting the response back, we need to redirect the user to a third-party webpage automatically once the user is authenticated using saml. *****

This is where I am stuck.

Note:
    we are using soap wsdl as request(xml). And the output is also in xml format.
  • 6. Re: how to redirect soap url using osb ?
    FabioDouek Journeyer
    You haven't mentioned about redirecting a web page before.
    In this case, you shouldn't do any redirect in OSB. The redirect should be done in your frontend layer.

Regards,
    Fabio.
  • 7. Re: how to redirect soap url using osb ?
    FabioDouek Journeyer
    Hi,

You've marked the question as answered, but haven't marked as answered correctly.

Regards,
    Fabio.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points