This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2013 6:41 PM by scott.wesley RSS

upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue

KarenH Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, I am in the process of changing templates from 13 to 25 in apex 4.2.1. I am noticing that the dynamic actions I had in place no longer seem to work. Some of these dynamic actions were for skillbuilder modal popup, but others are just page refreshes based on toggling a radio button.

Is there something that needs to be done when one moves to responsive template? thanks
  • 1. Re: upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue
    scott.wesley Guru
    The the mapping that's been made from the existing templates to the new ones.

Particular the page & region templates for your modal and affected areas.
    Included libraries change, substitution parameter usage differs...

Maybe describe a specific few issues, detail the behaviour & relevant settings and let us know if you see any browser errors.

Scott
  • 2. Re: upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue
    fac586 Guru
    KarenH wrote:
    Hi, I am in the process of changing templates from 13 to 25 in apex 4.2.1. I am noticing that the dynamic actions I had in place no longer seem to work. Some of these dynamic actions were for skillbuilder modal popup, but others are just page refreshes based on toggling a radio button.
    What selectors are used in the dynamic actions? Anything using classes or HTML structures defined in the templates will need to be changed.

The JS console will probably contain errors relating to the failed DAs that will provide more information about what's going on. Use a decent browser with proper developer tools (Safari, Chrome, Firefox+Firebug) during this process. You'll get nowhere with IE.
  • 3. Re: upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue
    KarenH Newbie
    thanks for getting back to me.

An example is a form with info on a fisherman. It includes an LOV for correspondence_method_flag (EMAIL, MAIL, BOTH). When the value of the preferred correspondence is changed to EMAIL or BOTH, the report region 'EMAIL' will display.

The DA is EVENT= CHANGE, on ITEM=CORRESPONDENCE METHOD FLAG, CONDITION= IN LIST ('E','B'); EVENT SCOPE = STATIC *(**in 4.1 this was set to BIND...could this be the issue**)*

there two TRUE ACTION:
    1. ACTION =SHow; Selection type = REGION; Region = PARTICIPANT_EMAIL
    2. ACTION =SHow; Selection type = REGION; region = email

there are two FALSE ACTIONS
    1.SUBMIT PAGE, this has an ACTION =HIDE; Selection type = REGION; Region = PARTICIPANT_EMAIL
    2.SUBMIT PAGE, this has an ACTION =HIDE; Selection type = REGION; region = email

This had worked in 4.1, but now, nothing seems to happen.

thanks again, Karen

btw, I am using firefox.

Edited by: KarenH on Mar 26, 2013 1:49 PM

Edited by: KarenH on Mar 26, 2013 1:52 PM
  • 4. Re: upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue
    KarenH Newbie
    Hi, I just deleted and recreated the DA....but unfortunately, it still does not work. I also changed it from STATIC to DYNAMIC...no changes. Could it be the page template? NO TABS, NO SIDEBAR.

thanks again.
  • 5. Re: upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue
    fac586 Guru
    KarenH wrote:
    thanks for getting back to me.

The DA is EVENT= CHANGE, on ITEM=CORRESPONDENCE METHOD FLAG, CONDITION= IN LIST ('E','B'); EVENT SCOPE = STATIC *(**in 4.1 this was set to BIND...could this be the issue**)*
    No. "Static" is simply a change in terminology in 4.2 and is equivalent to "Bind" in 4.1.
    there two TRUE ACTION:
    1. ACTION =SHow; Selection type = REGION; Region = PARTICIPANT_EMAIL
    2. ACTION =SHow; Selection type = REGION; region = email
    What are the region templates? Do they contain <tt>#REGION_ID#/#REGION_STATIC_ID#</tt> substitution strings?
    there are two FALSE ACTIONS
    1.SUBMIT PAGE, this has an ACTION =HIDE; Selection type = REGION; Region = PARTICIPANT_EMAIL
    2.SUBMIT PAGE, this has an ACTION =HIDE; Selection type = REGION; region = email

This had worked in 4.1, but now, nothing seems to happen.
    Check for JS errors.
  • 6. Re: upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue
    KarenH Newbie
    thanks again! I have changed back to 'STATIC'...thanks for the info.

The regions are all FORM regions (when initially changing to theme 25, they defaulted to MODAL ...but as such, did not show on the page...another thing I am uncertain about).

When I look at the FORM Template, I see reference to REGIION_STATIC_ID...this is from the definition...if I understood your question?

<section class="uRegion #REGION_CSS_CLASSES# clearfix" id="#REGION_STATIC_ID#" #REGION_ATTRIBUTES#>
    <div class="uRegionHeading">
    <h1>#TITLE#</h1>
    <span class="uButtonContainer">
    #CLOSE##PREVIOUS##NEXT##DELETE##EDIT##CHANGE##CREATE##CREATE2##EXPAND##COPY##HELP#
    </span>
    </div>
    <div class="uRegionContent clearfix">
    #BODY#
    </div>
    </section>
  • 7. Re: upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue
    fac586 Guru
    KarenH wrote:

The DA is EVENT= CHANGE, on ITEM=CORRESPONDENCE METHOD FLAG, CONDITION= IN LIST ('E','B');
    Is your in list condition specified like that, with quoted values? I've just created a similar DA and somewhat unexpectedly it only works if the list values don't have quotes...
  • 8. Re: upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue
    KarenH Newbie
    drat. sorry...no. I mistyped...they DO NOT have quotes around them.

If I restore the original version into 4.2.1 that was done with theme 13, the DA seems to work. Could it be something unique to theme 25?

thanks again
  • 9. Re: upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue
    fac586 Guru
    KarenH wrote:
    drat. sorry...no. I mistyped...they DO NOT have quotes around them.

If I restore the original version into 4.2.1 that was done with theme 13, the DA seems to work. Could it be something unique to theme 25?
    Clearly there's a difference, but I've created a similar DA in an app using theme 25 with no problems.

Have you checked for JS errors?
  • 10. Re: upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue
    KarenH Newbie
    I am afraid I struggle with the debugger...I am unable to get it in firefox, and when I try IE (by pressing f12) it shows code...but doesn't appear to change anything when I toggle the preferred_correspondence_method.

I have checked the other DA on this application...and none seem to work. ugh.

I will do some research on how to more effectively use the debugger and go from there. Thanks for your help....off to dinner (and wine!).

Karen
  • 11. Re: upgraded 4.1 template 13 to 4.2.1 template 25(blue responsive)..DA issue
    scott.wesley Guru
    If wine hasn't fixed the problem, might I suggest modifying the event trigger to something more basic. Sometimes I associate it with a button, just to isolate which moving part may be broken.

If a DA isn't firing it may be the event trigger, so if the button launches the actions ok you know what to address. If it still doesn't work, then you know it's the action you need to pay attention to.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points