This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2013 12:49 PM by Srini VEERAVALLI RSS

local database

993269 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
what should I install for a local databse. Oracle Express edition ??or Enterprise edition??
  • 1. Re: local database
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Oracle Database Enterprise Edition Oracle Database Enterprise Edition provides the performance, availability, scalability, and security required for mission-critical applications such as high-volume online transaction processing (OLTP) applications, query-intensive data warehouses, and demanding Internet applications. Oracle Database Enterprise Edition contains all of the components of Oracle Database.

Oracle Database Express Edition

Oracle Database Express Edition (Oracle Database XE) is an entry-level edition of Oracle Database that is quick to download, simple to install and manage, and is free to develop, deploy, and distribute. Oracle Database XE makes it easy to upgrade to the other editions of Oracle without costly and complex migrations. Oracle Database XE can be installed on any size machine with any number of CPUs, stores up to 4GB of user data, using up to 1GB of memory, and using only one CPU on the host machine. Support is provided by an online forum.

If helps mark ;)
  • 2. Re: local database
    993269 Newbie
    Hi Srini

there is only 32-bit available in oracle.com where can i find for 64 bit Download (windows)
  • 3. Re: local database
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Oracle Database XE is only on 32 bit
  • 4. Re: local database
    993269 Newbie
    can I install that on 64 bit windows
  • 5. Re: local database
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Yes.
    Just in case if you are using BI 11g then use the below at Data Source Name and Connection Type: OCI10g/11g
    localhost:1521/XE

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points