6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 5:50 PM by user7609156 RSS

Problems updating MSSQL Date field from 10g using dg4msql

Hi There,

I have a strange consistency problems with the Transparent Gateway when connecting to Microsoft SQLServer

We have successfully (for a number of years) been using OTG for connection our 10g database to a number of different verisons of MS SQL Databases.

However 10g is going to end-of-life/support and we setup an test 11g gateway and started testing. All looks good, except we are unable to update a date field in the MS SQL database using our Cobol programs.

If I perform the either of the following queries in sqlplus version 10g, I see in the trace file that the DATE is written as *"dob" = CONVERT (DATETIME, '1992-02-02 00:00:00')*

update customer set "dob" = '02021992' where "customerNumber" = '10046014';
      update customer set "dob" = TO_DATE('02021992', 'ddmmyyyy') where "customerNumber" = '10046014';

Hence the update works successfully.

When the Cobol program runs (Microfocus and Oracle PreCompiler 10g) and performs the update with or without the TO_DATE function, there is no CONVERT (DATETIME (XXXX)) in the trace, but rather the generic *"dob" = ?* syntax.

Hence the update is not working when we use the 11g gateway. It works, and has been working for years, successfully with 10g gateway.

Any ideas?