This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2013 8:36 PM by Alena RSS

About EDI outbound file name

Alena Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Anuj,

When I test EDI X12 834 outbound, the file generated is in the format %From_party%_%unique_id%.dat. I am not sure the unique_id is message ID or transaction control number, anyway it is a timestamp unique.

My question is can I specify outbound file name format? File name convention is recently proposed. It is not compliant with the default outbound file name.

Thank you,
Alena
CGI
  • 1. Re: About EDI outbound file name
    Anuj Dwivedi Guru
    Hi Alena,
    I am not sure the unique_id is message ID or transaction control number, anyway it is a timestamp unique.
    Yes, it is a timestamp unique id.
    My question is can I specify outbound file name format?
    In your FILE/FTP/SFTP channel, you may specify the custom filename format (with some restrictions) in "Filename format" setting. Please search for "Filename format" here -

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/user.1111/e10229/b2b_tps.htm#BABBCDHI

You may also refer section "File and Directory Name Formats to override default" in -

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/b2b-integrations/learnmore/tnb2b11g002-326857.pdf

Regards,
    Anuj
  • 2. Re: About EDI outbound file name
    Alena Newbie
    Thank you so much, Anuj.
    That is exactly what I need. I appreciate your posts a lot.

Alena
    CGI
  • 3. Re: About EDI outbound file name
    93de0a3e-a0c0-4932-9504-c017ca551306 Newbie

Alena, I know you must be working on EDI 834, I just started a POC for my future project, I thought you would be the right person to get details on EDI 834 setup. I am currently working on SOA Suite 11.1.1.6. Tried sample with 270, it works fine, but failed with 834 with exception " Agreement not found for trading partners: FromTP Laiser, ToTP Heers with document type 834-5010-INBOUND". I used .ecs, xsd and .dat generated from Oracle Document Editor. Would you be able to provide steps you followed for successful testing?

1. Is HCA Adapter required for EDI 834?

2. Any Healthcare Libraries?

3. Any patches

4. Any other??

5. Any special care while generating .ecs,xsd,.dazt from doc editor???

Appreciate your help.

• 4. Re: About EDI outbound file name
    Alena Newbie

Hello Sir,

Thank you for reading my thread.

Yes, we have worked on edi 834 and completed a few different transactions with people's support in this forum. Now I am glad to help other people on this.

1. Is HCA Adapter required for EDI 834?

HCA is not required for EDI 834. There are a couple threads discussed this in the forum. You can search Anuj's comments regarding this. See the the link. Oracle B2B is the right solution.

https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2551859

2. Any Healthcare Libraries?

If you are encountering B2B validation problem, you need to install Healthcare Library. But your problem has nothing to do with that. If you don't install the healthcare library, you still can do everything except B2B validation.

3. Any patches

If you are running SOA Suite 11.1.1.6.0, you need to install Health Care Patch to fix B2B validation problem. That is a bug.

If you are running SOA Suite 11.1.1.7.9, you need to install HealthCare Library to fix B2B validation problem. It is the same bug.

4. Any other??

If you are using Oracle B2B, you need to active B2B ui project. It has already deployed on Weblogic server, but you need to activate it. You should be able to access B2B via:

http://localhost:7001/b2bconsole or: http://localhost:7101/b2bconsole

5. Any special care while generating .ecs,xsd,.dazt from doc editor???

I don't need .dazt.  You need ecs and xsd for B2B configuration. I disabled a couple validation rules to meet our business requirements. You may not need to.

For your particular problem, as the error message says "it can't find the agreement for the trading partners. B2B needs three information to identify the agreement. The document type (here it is 820 or 834), From TP, and To TP. If these three things meet, then B2B should be able to find it.

Let me know how are you doing after you check these things.

Alena Li

• 5. Re: About EDI outbound file name

Hello Alena, thank you so much for your prompt response. I think I had completed all the steps except patch in point 3("If you are running SOA Suite 11.1.1.6.0, you need to install Health Care Patch to fix B2B validation problem. That is a bug"). I tried to download it but it needs password.

Any idea why it says document type as "document type 834-5010-INBOUND" instead of just 834?

Thanks

Reddy

• 6. Re: About EDI outbound file name
    Alena Newbie

Hi Reddy,

That is defined in your B2B configuration. When you create B2B agreement, you create 834 document definaiton first. When you created 834 document, you created reversion, document type and document definaiton insequence. So the document type need to be "834" and the same property value you need to send from backend.

If you still have problem, can you export your B2B configuration and send to me?

lihua.li@cgi.com

Good luck,

Alena Li

• 7. Re: About EDI outbound file name

Hello Alena, thanks a bunch, that helped me. That was document type issue.

BTW, if I want to convert XML back to EDI now and output 834  file to a folder, any best approach?

Reddy

• 8. Re: About EDI outbound file name
    Alena Newbie

Hi Reddy,

I'm not sure if you already have answers for your question. I'm sorry for replying you late.

BTW, if I want to convert XML back to EDI now and output 834  file to a folder, any best approach?

You can convert XML back to EDI. You need to define another Agreement. If receive and parse EDI to XML is inbound Agreement, then from XML to EDI would be outbound Agreement.

1. When you define outbound Agreement, you need to specify the document direction from your host TP to remote TP.

2. For the remote TP, you may define listening channels. .

3. In outbound Agreement, you have to specify the listening channel.

After outbound Agreement created, save and deployed. If you are using SOA BPEL as back end, you can generate 834 XML content, and invoke B2B Adapter.

Alena

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points