This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2013 2:09 PM by Brandye Barrington RSS

Error occurred during certification exam

999467 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,
can please someone give me an advice about my problem.

At a Pearson Vue test center, I've experienced an error during my certification exam as a result of connectivity problem at the test center.
After that I was not able to continue my exam, administrator at the test center didn't know how to handle that.
They tried to restart the computer, to continue test on another computer but nothing helped.

Test center reported an incident report to Pearson Vue, promising that someone from Vue will contact me within next 48 hours, till now passed 40 hours but no one has contacted me yet. They didn't want to forward me the email they wrote to Vue saying that it is a confidential e-mail.

Because of that I cannot do anything on my own because I don't have access to the reported problem mail, and I cannot reference to it directly to Vue.

A person at a test center called me yesterday informing me that it is confirmed that a technical error has occurred during my exam but they didn't offer any solution, I just have to wait for Vue to contact me.

I have another problem because my voucher expires for a few days, and within these days, because of my prescheduled business commitments and obligations I'm not able to write another test. I am able to do it only after certification expire day.

At the test center they say that they are not responsible for the error, and that I'll be able to retake another test with the expired voucher if and only if Vue will allow that. As they say, all I can do now is wait for a miracle to happen. :(

Do you think test center is responsible for the error? And do I have any rights to ask for a new voucher if Vue in some case will not allow me to retake the test again with the same voucher.

I'm really desperate, I cannot believe that a test center is not responsible for the error that happened in their institution.
Is this error Pearson Vue's responsibility or Test center's responsibility?

I've read on the forums that I should ask for refund/exam retake vouchers.. but should I as that directly Vue or Testing center where the error has occured?

Please give me an advice on how can I handle and what can I do to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    bigdelboy Pro
    Recommend contact Pearson VUE.

Be sure to get incident number.

Say you are distressed.
  • 2. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    999467 Newbie
    I wrote them.. there is still no answer. :(
  • 3. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    matthew_morris Expert
    I wrote them.. there is still no answer
    Email is a great solution when you have time to spare. You don't. Phone them.

http://www.pearsonvue.com/oracle/contact/
  • 4. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    My suggestion is:
    1) Ask the test center for the incident number.
    2) Call Pearson VUE (link to phone numbers above) with the incident number, explain what is going on and ask for a resolution.
    If the test center won't provide the incident number, call Pearson VUE anyway, providing the details of your exam appointment and your Oracle Testing ID.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 5. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    999467 Newbie
    Thank you for the advice, I'll try to call them.

Could you please tell me whose responsibility is a connectivity problem during an exam. Is it a Test Center's responsibility?

Tnx.
  • 6. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    999467 Newbie
    I've been on the phone with Vue, a person on the other side didn't give me any solution..
    Only that the status of my exam is error (I can also see that on my current activity at www.pearsonvue.com, the status of my exam is Error) and that I have to wait for the status to change.
    I've ask how long do I have to wait, but they don't know the answer, just be patient.
    I've told that my voucher expires soon, and that because of my prescheduled business activities I'm not able to write the test before the expiration date of my voucher.

They told me that I have to do it before the expiration date. I could if I had a response from Vue, if the status of my exam had changed within these 4 days that have passed after my exam.. but now I have obligations and can't do it on time. :(

Till the status changes I can't do anything, all I have is wait.
    And ad far as I can see, even if they change my status, I won't have an opportunity to write my test again because of the expiration date.

Do you think I have any rights to ask Vue for another voucher?
    I think they have responsibility because the error has occurred during my exam, and also because I'm waiting so long for their answer.

Please give me an advice..
  • 7. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    bigdelboy Pro
    996464 wrote:
    I've been on the phone with Vue, a person on the other side didn't give me any solution..
    Only that the status of my exam is error (I can also see that on my current activity at www.pearsonvue.com, the status of my exam is Error) and that I have to wait for the status to change.
    I've ask how long do I have to wait, but they don't know the answer, just be patient.
    I've told that my voucher expires soon, and that because of my prescheduled business activities I'm not able to write the test before the expiration date of my voucher.

They told me that I have to do it before the expiration date. I could if I had a response from Vue, if the status of my exam had changed within these 4 days that have passed after my exam.. but now I have obligations and can't do it on time. :(

Till the status changes I can't do anything, all I have is wait.
    And ad far as I can see, even if they change my status, I won't have an opportunity to write my test again because of the expiration date.

Do you think I have any rights to ask Vue for another voucher?
    I think they have responsibility because the error has occurred during my exam, and also because I'm waiting so long for their answer.

Please give me an advice..
    Things to do:

[1] Post the Pearson Incident number to this forum.

[2] Ring back and request the issue is escalated and that you want feedback on the delay. Its Easter Holidays in many places and little will happen

I do expect Pearson will sort you out. ( But the view may be taken you people need to take test with reasonable space to end of voucher).

Please be aware if you phyiscally stopped the test itself ... I'm 99% sure it's a test center problem. i dont think you have but i am sure this will have happened sometime when test going badly, you will not get joy.

As I say incident number here and additionally now raise oracle support request.
  • 8. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    999467 Newbie
    Incident number: 204738074.

I'm 100% percent sure I didn't physically stop the test.
    At the test center they say it was a technical problem, they have sent the logs of the test to Vue; Vue gave them the answer confirming it was a technical problem.
  • 9. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    bigdelboy Pro
    996464 wrote:
    Incident number: 204738074.

I'm 100% percent sure I didn't physically stop the test.
    I am very sure of that:

But people reading this (or independingly) may think when taking a test.

- This test is going badly for me. The questions are hard. I am not doing well.
    - I know ... I will kick the power cable out of the machine ... remove the ball from the mouse (schoolboy trick) ... etc. etc.
    ...... then they will give me my money back and i can take the test later.

Actually this does not work as the Test Center's server has survived ... the problem is when that goes up in smoke.
    At the test center they say it was a technical problem, they have sent the logs of the test to Vue; Vue gave them the answer confirming it was a technical problem.
    You probably have more of a problem if Vue cancel your test and refund than if they rearrange it.

So try to think when the next convenient time is it for you to take the test (even should it have to be outside the voucher time).

Also consider if there is another test center within reasonable distance to yourself that may be able to give you your test earlier.

There has been sufficent issue / delay on this to IMHO also raise an Oracle Certification SR request.

http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP

Be sure to mention the Pearson VUE incident number in the full description and choose OCP Exam Issue Type : "Exam/Test Center Problems"

Note the SR number. Brandye may be interested, the certification team interested to ensure how Pearson VUE handle exam problems from a candidate viewpoint so service improvements/procedure advice changes can be made if necessary, so I would post the SR number back here (as well as repeating the incident number).

... Should Pearson VUE resolve your problem be sure to update the SR (I think this means raising a new one but referencing the old SR number saying your problem has been resolved).

We are now into the Easter Public Holiday period in many countries and support wil probably therefore be very limited.
  • 10. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    999467 Newbie
    Thank you so much for your advice.

I've tried to raise an Oracle Certification SR request at

http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP

but as far as I can see there is a problem with that page, I tried a fiew times to fill the form but when I click 'Send' it says:

Error occurred while processing your request.
  • 11. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    So after you received the message from the test center that it was a technical problem, did they reschedule you? This is really an issue for your test center and Pearson. If you are not getting any results from the test center, you should call Pearson VUE directly with your incident number and get a resolution.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
  • 12. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    999467 Newbie
    At the test center they say they can't do anything until Vue changes my status ( it's status Error at my current activity at www.pearsonvue.com).
    I called Vue by telephone, asking about what is happening with my incident (told them my incident number). The person on the other side said that I have to wait until my status changes, but didn't tell me how long do I have to wait. :(
    All they said is be patient. :(
    At the test center they say that Vue has to contact me directly, and change my exam status.. test center can't do anything before that as they say.

I'm really dissapointed, I cannot believe it takes so long for Vueto contact me and change my Exam status.

I'm afraid this problem is not going to be solved before the expiraton date of my voucher (there is only one day left).
    :(
  • 13. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    I'll check with Pearson on this incident. From what you've indicated here, there should not be an issue with getting you rescheduled even though your voucher is expiring. However, I need to check with Pearson to confirm.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
  • 14. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
    Someone from Pearson should contact you tomorrow at the latest.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points