6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 2:31 PM by Kathar RSS

Customizing FA file name

Kathar
      When B2B receives inbound 834 file from issuer, it generates and sends back 999 file to the issuer. We want to customize the 999 file name B2B generates. If B2B receives inbound file name as ABC.txt; then we want to customize the generated 999 file name as ABC_999.tx. Please guide me on this.

This is for 999 version X12-5010X231A1.

Thanks,
      Kathar
        • 1. Re: Customizing FA file name
          Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
          Kathar,
          If B2B receives inbound file name as ABC.txt; then we want to customize the generated 999 file name as ABC_999.tx.
          B2B does not support this format out-of-box as of now however you may send custom filename from back-end in eventName header and enable the "Preserve Filename" in your FILE/FTP/SFTP channel. So what all you have to do is that instead of allowing B2B to handle 999, generate 999 from back-end and in the eventName header set the filename like -

eventName=FILENAME:xyz.dat;

Now if "Preserve Filename" will be enabled in your FILE/FTP/SFTP channel then B2B will write the file with name provided in eventName header.

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: Customizing FA file name
            Kathar
            Thanks Anuj, I am trying to find out the way to do FA generation from BPEL. is there doc can you pls point me to?

If we are going to let bpel to generate FA, how it works? Still B2B generates FA and gives it to back end? Then back end transmits the file?

Kathar
            • 3. Re: Customizing FA file name
              Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
              I am trying to find out the way to do FA generation from BPEL. is there doc can you pls point me to?
              This logic you may incorporate in the same process which receives the inbound 834. In the process which receives 834 from B2B, add below logic -

1. Generate FA payload at BPEL using a XSLT (you may use 997 XSD). Here input will be inbound 834 message and output will be 997 payload
              2. Push this 997 payload to B2B with all mandatory headers (From Party, To Party, Doc Type, Doc Type Revision, Reply to Message Id, Message Type) along with the eventName header

Make sure that in the 834 agreement, you have selected "No" in the "FA Handled Automatically" drop-down (and have redeployed the agreement after this change)

Regards,
              Anuj
              • 4. Re: Customizing FA file name
                Kathar
                1. Generate FA payload at BPEL using a XSLT (you may use 997 XSD). Here input will be inbound 834 message and output will be 997 payload
                Thanks Anuj, if i understand correctly, this is good for generating positive FA.

1. Do I need to write separate logic in SOA Error handler to generate negative FA if there is any validation errors?
                2. Is there a standard xslts to generate positive FA as well to generate negative xslt from SOA layers?
                • 5. Re: Customizing FA file name
                  Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                  1. Do I need to write separate logic in SOA Error handler to generate negative FA if there is any validation errors?
                  Yes, if you are going to do any validations at SOA layer. If FA is not really important for your/your partner's org then you may simply generate positive FA if inbound request is received successfully at SOA layer (which means it would have passed the structure validation at B2B layer).
                  2. Is there a standard xslts to generate positive FA as well to generate negative xslt from SOA layers?
                  I am not aware about any such XSLT but you may create a simple one by yourself. XSLT input will be of type of inbound message (for example 850.xsd) and output will be of type FA (997.xsd)

Regards,
                  Anuj
                  • 6. Re: Customizing FA file name
                    Kathar
                    Thanks Anuj for the input.

I don't know how do i generate negative ack from B2B error message. Anyway I am able to customize the file name using transaction call out.

I have another question about sharing information from original message to 999 that we want to put it in the file name. I will start different thread for this.

Kathar