3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2013 7:30 AM by fac586 RSS

Differect css behaviour in IR between inline and in css Workspace file

Dionyssis
      Hello,

i have an Interactive Report. I am under Database Enterprise Edition Version 11.2.0.3.0 with APEX 4.2.1.00.08 and using Theme 25 Blue Responsive.

I have a CSS with the following content:

#apexir_DATA_PANEL {
      margin-bottom: 10px;
      overflow: scroll;
      }

#apexir_REMARKS {
      width: 300px;
      }

tr.even td {vertical-align: top !important; }
      tr.odd td {vertical-align: top !important; }

I use this in the CSS Inline in the Page that has the IR in order to vertically align to the top the content of cells of the IR and automatically present/use scroll bars for the IR in order not to exceed the width of the report.
      When i have this code in CSS Inline in the Page corresponding group it works perfectly.

When i put the preceding content in a CSS file, named as ir_default.css and upload via the Shared Components | CSS option to the Database, and i put the following code in CSS | File URLs in the Page of the IR:

#WORKSPACE_IMAGES#ir_default.css

in order to use this in other IRs too and not post it inline all the time.

After running the page, i have the correct behavior as far as the alignment of Cells' data and the width of REMARKS field, but the scroll bars mechanism does not present / work at all and the grid exceeds the width.

Why this different behavior? How can i make it work as in inline too ?
      What do i make wrong ?

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA
      Dionisis
        • 1. Re: Differect css behaviour in IR between inline and in css Workspace file
          fac586
          Please attempt to reproduce the problem on apex.oracle.com, and post details of the application and guest developer credentials for the workspace here.
          • 2. Re: Differect css behaviour in IR between inline and in css Workspace file
            Dionyssis
            Finally, i managed to solve the problem by droping the CSS file from the WORKSPACE_IMAGES and reload it again.

I also tried the same in apex.oracle.com with no problems, so i consider the issue closed.

On question, remains: if i want this to be included in every Interactive report i have, in order not to include the file in the page that IR exists, i supect i have to move this line to the template.
            If i consistently use the template One Level Tabs - No Sidebar, where should put the line:

I guess in: Page Template | Cascading Style Sheet | File URLs.

Dionisis
            • 3. Re: Differect css behaviour in IR between inline and in css Workspace file
              fac586
              Dionyssis wrote:
              Finally, i managed to solve the problem by droping the CSS file from the WORKSPACE_IMAGES and reload it again.

I also tried the same in apex.oracle.com with no problems, so i consider the issue closed.

On question, remains: if i want this to be included in every Interactive report i have, in order not to include the file in the page that IR exists, i supect i have to move this line to the template.
              Yes.
              If i consistently use the template One Level Tabs - No Sidebar, where should put the line:

I guess in: Page Template | Cascading Style Sheet | File URLs.
              Yes.