This content has been marked as final. Show 19 replies
Can you please share what your...
Directory Adminstrator's Account
...values are set to in your AD resource wizard?
Exactly the same as they were in the 184.108.40.20643 instance of the Connector that was used with 220.127.116.11
Nothing was changed except for the connector version in the little dropdown at the top of the Wizard dialogue.
for grins can you attempt to add the actual domain before the actual account name along with a backslash such as:
That was one of the first things I thought of. I tried it again just in case, but no go.
Just to confirm, you used both the connector server -AND- the connector jar files on the Windows server that came bundled with OW 18.104.22.168, right?
There are no jar files to use on the windows side of things. It is a .NET application not java. I DID use the AD connector bundle (dll file) that came with the package yes.
Correct, my mistake. DLLs not jars.
Have you tried using the actual administrator user from AD?
Any time I've seen that error in Sun IDM/OW it's because of the items you've already ruled out.
For more grins, I'm sure you've already tried authenticating as the username/passwd in question via some kind of 3rd party app like ldapsearch, etc.?
runas /user:domain\svciamops cmd
works like a charm. :-)
As for using the Administrator, this is clearly a setup/upgrade issue not an account issue.
I created a brand new resource to test just that, and it worked perfectly. I just don't want to (and shouldn't have to) do that and then update all my user records to the new resource. The upgrade should work.
Yes, agreed. It seems something happened during the upgrade.
Compare the resource xml of the new resource(for which the authentication works) and the old resource. You may get something there.
Thank you for that. Yes, there are many differences, mostly in Attribute names. Spaces removed, words added etc. So question, is there an official supported upgrade path for the connectors, or should I open a support ticket with Oracle?
Has anyone else done the Active Directory connector upgrade without issue? If so how did they do it?
Just for my own information, did you:
a) stop the existing connector server
b) uninstall it
c) install the new one
d) copy the necessary connector files to the new connector server directory
e) start the new connector server
f) confirm the new connector version in the resource wizard in OW
Probably should have but it went like this:
a) stopped the connector server service
b) rename the folder to "Connector Server 8109"
c) deleted the service using SC.exe
d) installed the new connector server
e) copied the AD connector files to the connector server folder
f) fixed the config file to repoint the logs.
g) restarted the service.
In OW, I then had to explicitly select the new version of the connector.
Clicked Test Configuration, and failed with Bad username or password.