This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2013 9:14 AM by HamidHelal RSS

Can I force Oracle Forms to run in browser?

999975 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have a client, who has Oracle Forms based application. I only have information from second hand, but I understand she opens the browser and new Java applet window (outside of browser) is opened, where that application runs.

I also have a Web monitoring solution, which simulates end-user actions and which is using Internet Explorer engine to do that. However this application can monitor only website, meaning if there is a Java applet running IN the browser it can be monitored.

Unfortunately this Oracle forms based app runs as a standalone applet in its own window.

Is it possible to force that application run in browser in any way? Or is it necessary to change the code to achieve that?

Thanks!
Peter
  • 1. Re: Can I force Oracle Forms to run in browser?
    HamidHelal Guru
    996972 wrote:
    Hi,
    Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Oracle Forums. Please take a few minutes to review the following:

<ul>
    <li>Oracle Forums FAQ
    <li>Before posting on this forum please read
    <li>10 Commandments for the OTN Forums Member
    <li>How to ask questions the smart way
    </ul>

Following these simple guidelines will ensure you have a positive experience in any forum; not jus
    I have a client, who has Oracle Forms based application. I only have information from second hand, but I understand she opens the browser and new Java applet window (outside of browser) is opened, where that application runs.

I also have a Web monitoring solution, which simulates end-user actions and which is using Internet Explorer engine to do that. However this application can monitor only website, meaning if there is a Java applet running IN the browser it can be monitored.

Unfortunately this Oracle forms based app runs as a standalone applet in its own window.

Is it possible to force that application run in browser in any way? Or is it necessary to change the code to achieve that?
    Always mention your form version, database version, Browser name and version and JRE version/ jinitiator version when three tire architecture.
    Yes! it's possible. in your formsweb.cfg file, under your configuration settings there is a parameter named bellow set it value to false
    separateFrame=false  -- you have true
    Hope it's help

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
  • 2. Re: Can I force Oracle Forms to run in browser?
    999975 Newbie
    Hi Hamid,

thank you! Unfortunately I don't have these details at the moment, but will do my best to provide it next time.

Have a great weekend,
    Peter

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points