12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2013 2:01 PM by KarlH RSS

11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA

KarlH
      Both packages unzipped into single folder and install proceeds just fine from what I can tell. DBCA starts and I select just the basics. Then it gives a DIM:00019 create service error followed by O/S 1053: service did not respond in a timely fashion. Probably have 20 hours in Google trying this 'n that as suggested to no avil. I just have to believe that 11g runs elsewhere on Win 7/64. BTW: This is a 6 week old HP Eitebook 8460p with virtually nothing on it except virus protection and Office 10. Please do not tell me that this is an Easter Egg Hunt.
        • 1. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
          EdStevens
          997045 wrote:
          Both packages unzipped into single folder and install proceeds just fine from what I can tell. DBCA starts and I select just the basics. Then it gives a DIM:00019 create service error followed by O/S 1053: service did not respond in a timely fashion. Probably have 20 hours in Google trying this 'n that as suggested to no avil. I just have to believe that 11g runs elsewhere on Win 7/64. BTW: This is a 6 week old HP Eitebook 8460p with virtually nothing on it except virus protection and Office 10. Please do not tell me that this is an Easter Egg Hunt.
          What edition of Win7? Oracle is not certified on any 'home' edition of any version of Windows.
          • 2. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
            KarlH
            Professional. And thank you for looking.
            • 3. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
              sb92075
              997045 wrote:
              Professional. And thank you for looking.
              when all else fails, Read The Fine Manual; Installation Guide

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db112/portal.portal_db?selected=11&frame=

thousands upon thousands of folks have successfully installed Oracle on Windows by RTFM.
              • 4. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
                Srini Chavali-Oracle
                Pl post the contents of the dbca log file (typically found in <ORACLE_BASE>/cfgtoollogs/dbca for 11g version) and the install log file (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e24186/ts.htm#i1090466). Pl confirm you are logged in as a user with Local Administrator rights when executing the install

HTH
                Srini
                • 5. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
                  KarlH
                  I spent a bunch of time reading the manuals and discovered the need to download the release specific deinstaller. I am working with 11.2.0.1. Did that, ran it, re installed, software only, and that appeared to go just fine. Running the dbca yields the same thing starting with the DIM-00019 error. Which I get whether running via the dbca or from the command line via oradin as follows:

C:\Users\Karl>oradim -new -sid ORCL
                  Instance created.
                  DIM-00019: create service error
                  O/S-Error: (OS 1053) The service did not respond to the start or control request
                  in a timely fashion.

C:\Users\Karl>
                  • 6. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
                    sb92075
                    Log On to the System with Administrator Privileges

Log on as a member of the Administrators group to the computer on which you want to install Oracle components. If you are installing on a Primary Domain Controller (PDC) or a Backup Domain Controller (BDC), log on as a member of the Domain Administrators group.
                    • 7. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
                      KarlH
                      I am the only user on the system and I have admin rights and I am the only member of the admin group. This is a standalone laptop.
                      • 8. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
                        sb92075
                        http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=oracle+DIM-00019:+create+service+error
                        • 9. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
                          KarlH
                          I do appreciate the 'LetMeGoogleThatForYou' but I've seen virtually every single post and investigated as thoroughly as I can to no avail. Now I have 22 hours googling this mess. As I said earlier oradim does say Instance created and sure enough there is an OracleServiceORCL (ORCL is the SID I'm using) and whether from oradim or directly in the service manager all I get is a 1053 error and no clues on any logs that I can find. So, now I'm going to open a brew, throw a steak onto the grill and watch the news. Perhaps some kind sole will offer meaningful suggestion where to turn.
                          • 10. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
                            KarlH
                            Good morning and I hope that your Easter is peaceful.
                            I've been up for a while and poked about an came up with the following. Perhaps someone can point me at something I've missed... In advance I apologize for the length but wanted to give as much detail as I thought I'd be asking for.

I am thinking that the oradim error is misleading.
                            Following a reboot of the laptop I saw the TNS Listener was not started so I:
                            C:\Users\Karl>lsnrctl start ORCL

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 31-MAR-2013 05:34
                            :21

Copyright (c) 1991, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
                            System parameter file is C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\liste
                            ner.ora
                            Log messages written to c:\app\karl\diag\tnslsnr\Cafe-Karl\orcl\alert\log.xml
                            Trace information written to c:\app\karl\diag\tnslsnr\Cafe-Karl\orcl\trace\ora_1
                            1804_6932.trc
                            Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=192.168.1.101)(PORT=1521
                            )))
                            Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521
                            ipc)))

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=192.168.1.101)(PORT=1521
                            )))
                            STATUS of the LISTENER
                            ------------------------
                            Alias ORCL
                            Version TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Produ
                            ction
                            Start Date 31-MAR-2013 05:34:24
                            Uptime 0 days 0 hr. 0 min. 3 sec
                            Trace Level admin
                            Security ON: Local OS Authentication
                            SNMP OFF
                            Listener Parameter File C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\list
                            ener.ora
                            Listener Log File c:\app\karl\diag\tnslsnr\Cafe-Karl\orcl\alert\log.xml
                            Listener Trace File c:\app\karl\diag\tnslsnr\Cafe-Karl\orcl\trace\ora_1180
                            4_6932.trc
                            Listening Endpoints Summary...
                            (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=192.168.1.101)(PORT=1521)))
                            (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))
                            The listener supports no services
                            The command completed successfully

And I see that the TNS Listener servies is started in the list of services:
                            OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListenerORCL shows as Started and being a Manual start.

Just to be sure...

C:\Users\Karl>lsnrctl status

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 31-MAR-2013 05:34
                            :40

Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=)(PORT=1521))
                            TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
                            TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
                            TNS-00511: No listener
                            64-bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown error

Looking in the sqlnet.log I see the following at the top:

Sun Mar 31 05:26:33 2013
                            Create Relation ADR_CONTROL
                            Create Relation ADR_INVALIDATION
                            Create Relation INC_METER_IMPT_DEF
                            Create Relation INC_METER_PK_IMPTS

***********************************************************************

Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to:
                            (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oracleORCL)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\sqlplus.exe)(HOST=CAFE-KARL)(USER=Karl))))

VERSION INFORMATION:
                                 TNS for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
                                 Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
                            Time: 31-MAR-2013 05:26:35
                            Tracing not turned on.
                            Tns error struct:
                            ns main err code: 12560

ns secondary err code: 0
                            nt main err code: 530

TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
                            nt secondary err code: 203
                            nt OS err code: 0

<repeates several times>

So I:

C:\Users\Karl>tnsping ORCL

TNS Ping Utility for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 31-MAR-2
                            013 05:36:56

Copyright (c) 1997, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
                            C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name

and sqlnet.ora looks as follows:

# sqlnet.ora Network Configuration File: C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora
                            # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

# This file is actually generated by netca. But if customers choose to
                            # install "Software Only", this file wont exist and without the native
                            # authentication, they will not be able to connect to the database on NT.

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, HOSTNAME, EZCONNECT)

ADR_BASE = C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\log

Late yesterday I saved the db generation script and came across this, and ran it: Note that the bat file does not have the @echo off so
                            everything it does is shown.

C:\Users\Karl>cd c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>orcl.bat

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>OLD_UMASK=`umask`
                            'OLD_UMASK' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                            operable program or batch file.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>umask 0027
                            'umask' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\adump
                            A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\adump already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\dpdump
                            A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\dpdump already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\pfile
                            A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\pfile already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\cfgtoollogs\dbca\ORCL
                            A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\cfgtoollogs\dbca\ORCL already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\flash_recovery_area
                            A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\flash_recovery_area already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\flash_recovery_area\ORCL
                            A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\flash_recovery_area\ORCL already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL
                            A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\databas
                            e
                            A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\database already exis
                            ts.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>umask ${OLD_UMASK}

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>set ORACLE_SID=ORCL

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>set PATH=\bin;C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1
                            \bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bi
                            n\x86;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\windows\sys
                            tem32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\
                            v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Fil
                            es\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\syswo
                            w64;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files
                            (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\OEM\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Fi
                            les\Roxio Shared\OEM\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared
                            \OEM\12.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\OEM\AudioCore\;C:\Program File
                            s (x86)\Intel\Services\IPT\

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\oradim.ex
                            e -new -sid ORCL -startmode manual -spfile
                            O/S-Error: (OS 1073) The specified service already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\oradim.ex
                            e -edit -sid ORCL -startmode auto -srvcstart system
                            Unable to start service, OS Error 1056

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\sqlplus /
                            nolog @C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\ORCL.sql

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Sun Mar 31 05:25:57 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter new password for SYS:
                            Enter new password for SYSTEM:
                            Enter new password for SYSMAN:
                            Enter new password for DBSNMP:

Enter password for SYS:

ERROR:
                            ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

SQL> spool C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\CloneRmanRestore.log append
                            SQL> startup nomount pfile="C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\init.ora";
                            SQL> @C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\rmanRestoreDatafiles.sql;
                            SQL> set verify off;
                            SQL> set echo off;
                            SP2-0640: Not connected
                            ERROR:

SQL> spool C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\cloneDBCreation.log append
                            SQL> Create controlfile reuse set database "ORCL"
                            2 MAXINSTANCES 8
                            3 MAXLOGHISTORY 1
                            4 MAXLOGFILES 16
                            5 MAXLOGMEMBERS 3
                            6 MAXDATAFILES 100
                            7 Datafile
                            8 'C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL\SYSTEM01.DBF',
                            9 'C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL\SYSAUX01.DBF',
                            10 'C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL\UNDOTBS01.DBF',
                            11 'C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL\USERS01.DBF'
                            12 LOGFILE GROUP 1 ('C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL\redo01.log') SIZE 51200K,
                            13 GROUP 2 ('C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL\redo02.log') SIZE 51200K,
                            14 GROUP 3 ('C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL\redo03.log') SIZE 51200K RESETLOGS;
                            SQL> exec dbms_backup_restore.zerodbid(0);
                            SP2-0641: "EXECUTE" requires connection to server
                            SQL> shutdown immediate;
                            SQL> startup nomount pfile="C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\initORCLTemp.ora";
                            2 MAXINSTANCES 8
                            3 MAXLOGHISTORY 1
                            4 MAXLOGFILES 16
                            5 MAXLOGMEMBERS 3
                            6 MAXDATAFILES 100
                            7 Datafile
                            SQL> alter system enable restricted session;
                            SQL> alter database "ORCL" open resetlogs;
                            SQL> exec dbms_service.delete_service('seeddata');
                            SQL> exec dbms_service.delete_service('seeddataXDB');
                            SQL> alter database rename global_name to "ORCL.localhost";
                            SQL> ALTER TABLESPACE TEMP ADD TEMPFILE 'C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL\TEMP01.DBF' SI
                            ZE 20480K REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 640K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED;
                            SQL> select tablespace_name from dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name='USERS';
                            SQL> select sid, program, serial#, username from v$session;
                            SQL> alter database character set INTERNAL_CONVERT WE8MSWIN1252;
                            SQL> alter database national character set INTERNAL_CONVERT AL16UTF16;
                            SQL> alter user sys account unlock identified by "&&sysPassword";
                            SQL> alter user system account unlock identified by "&&systemPassword";
                            SQL> alter system disable restricted session;
                            SQL> @C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\postScripts.sql
                            SQL> SET VERIFY OFF
                            SQL> connect "SYS"/"&&sysPassword" as SYSDBA
                            ERROR:

SQL> set echo on
                            SQL> spool C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\postScripts.log append
                            SQL> @C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\rdbms\admin\dbmssml.sql;
                            SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE LIBRARY dbms_sumadv_lib AS 'C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\db
                            home_1\bin\oraqsmashr.dll';
                            2 /
                            SQL> execute dbms_datapump_utl.replace_default_dir;
                            SQL> commit;
                            ERROR:

SQL> alter session set current_schema=ORDSYS;
                            SQL> @C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\ord\im\admin\ordlib.sql;
                            SQL> create or replace library ORDIMLIBS as 'C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1
                            \bin\oraordim11.dll';
                            2 /
                            SQL> create or replace library ORDIMLIBT trusted as static;
                            2 /
                            SQL>
                            SQL> alter session set current_schema=SYS;
                            ERROR:

ERROR:

SQL> execute ORACLE_OCM.MGMT_CONFIG_UTL.create_replace_dir_obj;
                            SQL> @C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\lockAccount.sql
                            SQL> SET VERIFY OFF
                            SQL> set echo on
                            SQL> spool C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\lockAccount.log append
                            SQL> BEGIN
                            2 FOR item IN ( SELECT USERNAME FROM DBA_USERS WHERE ACCOUNT_STATUS IN ('OPE
                            N', 'LOCKED', 'EXPIRED') AND USERNAME NOT IN (
                            3 'SYS','SYSTEM') )
                            4 LOOP
                            5 dbms_output.put_line('Locking and Expiring: ' || item.USERNAME);
                            6 execute immediate 'alter user ' ||
                            7 sys.dbms_assert.enquote_name(
                            8 sys.dbms_assert.schema_name(
                            9 item.USERNAME),false) || ' password expire account lock' ;
                            10 END LOOP;
                            11 END;
                            12 /
                            SQL> spool off
                            SQL> @C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\postDBCreation.sql
                            SQL> SET VERIFY OFF
                            ERROR:

SQL> set echo on
                            SQL> spool C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\postDBCreation.log append
                            SQL> select 'utl_recomp_begin: ' || to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MI:SS') from dual;
                            SQL> execute utl_recomp.recomp_serial();
                            SQL> select 'utl_recomp_end: ' || to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MI:SS') from dual;
                            SQL> execute dbms_swrf_internal.cleanup_database(cleanup_local => FALSE);
                            SQL> commit;
                            ERROR:

SQL> set echo on
                            SQL> create spfile='C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\database\spfileORCL.ora'
                            FROM pfile='C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\init.ora';
                            SQL> shutdown immediate;
                            ERROR:

SQL> startup ;
                            SQL> host C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\emca.bat -config dbcontrol db
                            -silent -DB_UNIQUE_NAME ORCL -PORT 1521 -EM_HOME C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbho
                            me_1 -LISTENER ORCL -SERVICE_NAME ORCL.localhost -SID ORCL -ORACLE_HOME C:\app\K
                            arl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1 -HOST 192.168.1.101 -LISTENER_OH C:\app\Karl\product
                            \11.2.0\dbhome_1 -LOG_FILE C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\emConfig.log;

STARTED EMCA at Mar 31, 2013 5:26:42 AM
                            EM Configuration Assistant, Version 11.2.0.0.2 Production
                            Copyright (c) 2003, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Exception in thread "main" oracle.sysman.emcp.exception.DatabaseUnavailableExcep
                            tion: Database instance unavailable.
                            at oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks.throwDBUnavailableException(Databas
                            eChecks.java:151)
                            at oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks.checkDbAvailabilityImpl(DatabaseChe
                            cks.java:144)
                            at oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks.checkDbAvailability(DatabaseChecks.
                            java:163)
                            at oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks.getDbServiceName(DatabaseChecks.jav
                            a:582)
                            at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.performConfiguration(EMConfigAss
                            istant.java:1272)
                            at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.statusMain(EMConfigAssistant.jav
                            a:574)
                            at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.main(EMConfigAssistant.java:522)

SQL> spool off
                            SQL>

So, having done this I am unclear what is wrong with the TNS Listener but from one angle
                            it thinks that it is running and yet another it is not.
                            • 11. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
                              sb92075
                              KarlH wrote:
                              Good morning and I hope that your Easter is peaceful.
                              I've been up for a while and poked about an came up with the following. Perhaps someone can point me at something I've missed... In advance I apologize for the length but wanted to give as much detail as I thought I'd be asking for.

I am thinking that the oradim error is misleading.
                              Following a reboot of the laptop I saw the TNS Listener was not started so I:
                              C:\Users\Karl>lsnrctl start ORCL
                              above produces different results than below

lsnrctl start

>
                              :21

Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
                              System parameter file is C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\liste
                              ner.ora
                              Log messages written to c:\app\karl\diag\tnslsnr\Cafe-Karl\orcl\alert\log.xml
                              at some point in time hostname was "Cafe-Karl"

Trace information written to c:\app\karl\diag\tnslsnr\Cafe-Karl\orcl\trace\ora_1
                              1804_6932.trc
                              Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=192.168.1.101)(PORT=1521
                              )))
                              Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521
                              ipc)))

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=192.168.1.101)(PORT=1521
                              )))
                              STATUS of the LISTENER
                              ------------------------
                              Alias ORCL
                              Version TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Produ
                              ction
                              Start Date 31-MAR-2013 05:34:24
                              Uptime 0 days 0 hr. 0 min. 3 sec
                              Trace Level admin
                              Security ON: Local OS Authentication
                              SNMP OFF
                              Listener Parameter File C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\list
                              ener.ora
                              Listener Log File c:\app\karl\diag\tnslsnr\Cafe-Karl\orcl\alert\log.xml
                              Listener Trace File c:\app\karl\diag\tnslsnr\Cafe-Karl\orcl\trace\ora_1180
                              4_6932.trc
                              Listening Endpoints Summary...
                              (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=192.168.1.101)(PORT=1521)))
                              (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))
                              The listener supports no services
                              The command completed successfully

And I see that the TNS Listener servies is started in the list of services:
                              OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListenerORCL shows as Started and being a Manual start.

Just to be sure...

C:\Users\Karl>lsnrctl status

:40

Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=)(PORT=1521))
                              TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
                              TNS-00511: No listener
                              64-bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown error

Looking in the sqlnet.log I see the following at the top:

Sun Mar 31 05:26:33 2013
                              Create Relation ADR_CONTROL
                              Create Relation ADR_INVALIDATION
                              Create Relation INC_METER_IMPT_DEF
                              Create Relation INC_METER_PK_IMPTS

Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to:
                              (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oracleORCL)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\sqlplus.exe)(HOST=CAFE-KARL)(USER=Karl))))
                              at some point in time hostname was "Cafe-Karl"

VERSION INFORMATION:
                                   TNS for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
                                   Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
                              Time: 31-MAR-2013 05:26:35
                              Tracing not turned on.
                              Tns error struct:
                              ns main err code: 12560

ns secondary err code: 0
                              nt main err code: 530

TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
                              nt secondary err code: 203
                              nt OS err code: 0

<repeates several times>

So I:

C:\Users\Karl>tnsping ORCL

TNS Ping Utility for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 31-MAR-2
                              013 05:36:56

Copyright (c) 1997, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
                              C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name

and sqlnet.ora looks as follows:

# sqlnet.ora Network Configuration File: C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora
                              # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

# This file is actually generated by netca. But if customers choose to
                              # install "Software Only", this file wont exist and without the native
                              # authentication, they will not be able to connect to the database on NT.

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, HOSTNAME, EZCONNECT)

ADR_BASE = C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\log

Late yesterday I saved the db generation script and came across this, and ran it: Note that the bat file does not have the @echo off so
                              everything it does is shown.

C:\Users\Karl>cd c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>orcl.bat

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>OLD_UMASK=`umask`
                              'OLD_UMASK' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>umask 0027

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\adump
                              A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\adump already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\dpdump
                              A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\dpdump already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\pfile
                              A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\pfile already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\cfgtoollogs\dbca\ORCL
                              A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\cfgtoollogs\dbca\ORCL already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\flash_recovery_area
                              A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\flash_recovery_area already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\flash_recovery_area\ORCL
                              A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\flash_recovery_area\ORCL already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL
                              A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL already exists.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>mkdir C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\databas
                              e
                              A subdirectory or file C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\database already exis
                              ts.

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>umask ${OLD_UMASK}

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>set ORACLE_SID=ORCL

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>set PATH=\bin;C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1
                              \bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bi
                              n\x86;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\windows\sys
                              tem32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\
                              v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Fil
                              es\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\syswo
                              w64;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files
                              (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\OEM\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Fi
                              les\Roxio Shared\OEM\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared
                              \OEM\12.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\OEM\AudioCore\;C:\Program File
                              s (x86)\Intel\Services\IPT\

e -new -sid ORCL -startmode manual -spfile
                              O/S-Error: (OS 1073) The specified service already exists.

e -edit -sid ORCL -startmode auto -srvcstart system
                              Unable to start service, OS Error 1056

c:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts>C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\sqlplus /
                              nolog @C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\ORCL.sql

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Sun Mar 31 05:25:57 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter new password for SYS:
                              Enter new password for SYSTEM:
                              Enter new password for SYSMAN:
                              Enter new password for DBSNMP:

Enter password for SYS:

ERROR:

SQL> spool C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\CloneRmanRestore.log append
                              SQL> startup nomount pfile="C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\init.ora";
                              SQL> @C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\rmanRestoreDatafiles.sql;
                              SQL> set verify off;
                              SQL> set echo off;
                              ERROR:

SQL> spool C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\cloneDBCreation.log append
                              2 MAXINSTANCES 8
                              3 MAXLOGHISTORY 1
                              4 MAXLOGFILES 16
                              5 MAXLOGMEMBERS 3
                              6 MAXDATAFILES 100
                              7 Datafile
                              SQL> exec dbms_backup_restore.zerodbid(0);
                              SQL> shutdown immediate;
                              SQL> startup nomount pfile="C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\initORCLTemp.ora";
                              2 MAXINSTANCES 8
                              3 MAXLOGHISTORY 1
                              4 MAXLOGFILES 16
                              5 MAXLOGMEMBERS 3
                              6 MAXDATAFILES 100
                              7 Datafile
                              SQL> alter system enable restricted session;
                              SQL> alter database "ORCL" open resetlogs;
                              SQL> exec dbms_service.delete_service('seeddata');
                              SQL> exec dbms_service.delete_service('seeddataXDB');
                              SQL> alter database rename global_name to "ORCL.localhost";
                              SQL> ALTER TABLESPACE TEMP ADD TEMPFILE 'C:\app\Karl\oradata\ORCL\TEMP01.DBF' SI
                              ZE 20480K REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 640K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED;
                              SQL> select tablespace_name from dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name='USERS';
                              SQL> select sid, program, serial#, username from v$session;
                              SQL> alter database character set INTERNAL_CONVERT WE8MSWIN1252;
                              SQL> alter database national character set INTERNAL_CONVERT AL16UTF16;
                              SQL> alter user sys account unlock identified by "&&sysPassword";
                              SQL> alter user system account unlock identified by "&&systemPassword";
                              SQL> alter system disable restricted session;
                              SQL> @C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\postScripts.sql
                              SQL> SET VERIFY OFF
                              ERROR:

SQL> set echo on
                              SQL> spool C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\postScripts.log append
                              SQL> @C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\rdbms\admin\dbmssml.sql;
                              SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE LIBRARY dbms_sumadv_lib AS 'C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\db
                              home_1\bin\oraqsmashr.dll';
                              2 /
                              SQL> execute dbms_datapump_utl.replace_default_dir;
                              SQL> commit;
                              ERROR:

SQL> alter session set current_schema=ORDSYS;
                              SQL> @C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\ord\im\admin\ordlib.sql;
                              SQL> create or replace library ORDIMLIBS as 'C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1
                              \bin\oraordim11.dll';
                              2 /
                              SQL> create or replace library ORDIMLIBT trusted as static;
                              2 /
                              SQL>
                              SQL> alter session set current_schema=SYS;
                              ERROR:

ERROR:

SQL> execute ORACLE_OCM.MGMT_CONFIG_UTL.create_replace_dir_obj;
                              SQL> @C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\lockAccount.sql
                              SQL> SET VERIFY OFF
                              SQL> set echo on
                              SQL> spool C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\lockAccount.log append
                              SQL> BEGIN
                              2 FOR item IN ( SELECT USERNAME FROM DBA_USERS WHERE ACCOUNT_STATUS IN ('OPE
                              N', 'LOCKED', 'EXPIRED') AND USERNAME NOT IN (
                              3 'SYS','SYSTEM') )
                              4 LOOP
                              5 dbms_output.put_line('Locking and Expiring: ' || item.USERNAME);
                              6 execute immediate 'alter user ' ||
                              7 sys.dbms_assert.enquote_name(
                              8 sys.dbms_assert.schema_name(
                              9 item.USERNAME),false) || ' password expire account lock' ;
                              10 END LOOP;
                              11 END;
                              12 /
                              SQL> spool off
                              SQL> @C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\postDBCreation.sql
                              SQL> SET VERIFY OFF
                              ERROR:

SQL> set echo on
                              SQL> spool C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\postDBCreation.log append
                              SQL> select 'utl_recomp_begin: ' || to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MI:SS') from dual;
                              SQL> execute utl_recomp.recomp_serial();
                              SQL> select 'utl_recomp_end: ' || to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MI:SS') from dual;
                              SQL> execute dbms_swrf_internal.cleanup_database(cleanup_local => FALSE);
                              SQL> commit;
                              ERROR:

SQL> set echo on
                              SQL> create spfile='C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\database\spfileORCL.ora'
                              FROM pfile='C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\init.ora';
                              SQL> shutdown immediate;
                              ERROR:

SQL> startup ;
                              SQL> host C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\emca.bat -config dbcontrol db
                              -silent -DB_UNIQUE_NAME ORCL -PORT 1521 -EM_HOME C:\app\Karl\product\11.2.0\dbho
                              me_1 -LISTENER ORCL -SERVICE_NAME ORCL.localhost -SID ORCL -ORACLE_HOME C:\app\K
                              localhost is ALWAYS 127.0.0.1
                              arl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1 -HOST 192.168.1.101 -LISTENER_OH C:\app\Karl\product
                              \11.2.0\dbhome_1 -LOG_FILE C:\app\Karl\admin\ORCL\scripts\emConfig.log;

STARTED EMCA at Mar 31, 2013 5:26:42 AM
                              EM Configuration Assistant, Version 11.2.0.0.2 Production
                              Copyright (c) 2003, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Exception in thread "main" oracle.sysman.emcp.exception.DatabaseUnavailableExcep
                              tion: Database instance unavailable.
                              at oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks.throwDBUnavailableException(Databas
                              eChecks.java:151)
                              at oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks.checkDbAvailabilityImpl(DatabaseChe
                              cks.java:144)
                              at oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks.checkDbAvailability(DatabaseChecks.
                              java:163)
                              at oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks.getDbServiceName(DatabaseChecks.jav
                              a:582)
                              at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.performConfiguration(EMConfigAss
                              istant.java:1272)
                              at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.statusMain(EMConfigAssistant.jav
                              a:574)
                              at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.main(EMConfigAssistant.java:522)

SQL> spool off
                              SQL>

So, having done this I am unclear what is wrong with the TNS Listener but from one angle
                              it thinks that it is running and yet another it is not.
                              • 12. Re: 11g on 64 bit Win 7 gags in DBCA
                                KarlH
                                This laptop always called Cafe-Karl.
                                I did 'resolve' the TNSListener issue though.
                                There was no tnsnames.ora so I created one as below:

ORCL=
                                (description=
                                (address_list=
                                (address = (protocol = TCP)(host = CAFE-KARL)(port = 1521))
                                )
                                (connect_data =
                                (service_name=ORCL)
                                )
                                )

Now the TNSListener services starts as it did before but the lsntctl see's it and tnsping is happy.
                                Unfortunately I still can not get oradim to start the OracleService<SID>... The service does get created because I see it reappears in the list or services. Ugh... I WILL get this thing running.

BTW: I am fully aware that locahost is always 127.0.0.1. Were you referring to:
                                -LISTENER ORCL -SERVICE_NAME ORCL.localhost and then arl\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1 -HOST 192.168.1.101 -LISTENER_OH C:\app\Karl\product immediately following? I found that 192 IP address in the listener.ora, thought it was goofy and as an experiment changed listener.ora to reference CAFE-KARL...