This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 3:21 AM by KODS RSS

Installation Grid Infrastructure for RAC using UDEV fail

xmouse Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi experts,

I want to install RAC for testing using UDEV, VirtualBox and Linux 5.8 64 bit.
I fail at installation Grid Infrastructure(ASM). At the Step 5 of 9 - Create ASM Disk Group, the installer don't display any disk to create ASM diskgroup.
I think UDEV have been configed correctly. The following are the UDEV configuration:

"/etc/scsi_id.config"
vendor="ATA",options=-p 0x80
options=-g
"/etc/udev/rules.d/99-oracle-asmdevices.rules"
KERNEL=="sd?1", BUS=="scsi", PROGRAM=="/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/$parent", RESULT=="SATA_VBOX_HARDDISK_VBb1141d78-3196a201_", NAME="asm-disk1", OWNER="oracle", GROUP="dba", MODE="0660"
KERNEL=="sd?1", BUS=="scsi", PROGRAM=="/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/$parent", RESULT=="SATA_VBOX_HARDDISK_VB748d0eea-d6385be2_", NAME="asm-disk2", OWNER="oracle", GROUP="dba", MODE="0660"
ls -al /dev/asm-disk*
brw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 8, 17 Mar 30 21:44 /dev/asm-disk1
brw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 8, 33 Mar 30 21:44 /dev/asm-disk2
Any sugestion for me? Please help...

Thanks and best regards,
Hai Mai.
  • 1. Re: Installation Grid Infrastructure for RAC using UDEV fail
    xmouse Newbie
    Anybody sugest me?

Regards,
    Hai Mai.
  • 2. Re: Installation Grid Infrastructure for RAC using UDEV fail
    Hai Mai Newbie
    I have same problem.
    Anyone can help us???
  • 3. Re: Installation Grid Infrastructure for RAC using UDEV fail
    KODS Newbie
    Try this one.

1. Find the WWID of the disk
    # /sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/sdb
    SATA_VBOX_HARDDISK_VBbb8af1a8-4d4db09b_ Here we got an WWID of 'SATA_VBOX_HARDDISK_VBbb8af1a8-4d4db09b_'.

2. Create an custom UDEV rule
    Create a new rule under /etc/udev/rules.d/, for example, /etc/udev/rules.d/99-oracle.rules.
    Ensure the file name lists after the default 50-xxx.rules file. The filename must end in ".rules" to be recognized.

KERNEL=="sd*1", BUS=="scsi", PROGRAM=="/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%P", RESULT=="SATA_VBOX_HARDDISK_VBbb8af1a8-4d4db09b_", RUN+="/bin/raw /dev/raw/raw1 %N"
    KERNEL=="sd*2", BUS=="scsi", PROGRAM=="/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%P", RESULT=="SATA_VBOX_HARDDISK_VBbb8af1a8-4d4db09b_", RUN+="/bin/raw /dev/raw/raw2 %N"
    KERNEL=="sd*3", BUS=="scsi", PROGRAM=="/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%P", RESULT=="SATA_VBOX_HARDDISK_VBbb8af1a8-4d4db09b_", RUN+="/bin/raw /dev/raw/raw3 %N"
    ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="raw*", OWNER="oracle", GROUP="oinstall", MODE="0664"The RESULT filed was the WWID of your hard disk found in step 1.

Please also subsititue the value of 'OWNER', 'GROUP', and 'MODE' to your actual one.

3. Restart the UDEV service
    # /sbin/start_udev And then, you are free to use /dev/raw/raw1, /dev/raw/raw2, and /dev/raw/raw3 as your RAC OCR and Voting Devices.

Thanks,
    Kods

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points