1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 9:25 AM by ranit B Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Reg : Background Jobs -
        jeneesh
        ranit B wrote:
        Purvesh,

This is an existing setup and works pretty well.
        Giving grants will be an extra action which in my case can be avoided.

Anyways thanks for the inputs.
        In that case, if you don't want to change anything, it is better to have a background process in the UNIX box..

But you told that you want to avoid the Unix box. I have seen some DBA related sql scripts scheduled in crontab of the DB server. You may think in that way also.. Don't have much experience in that to make a solid comment..
        • 16. Re: Reg : Background Jobs -
          ranit B
          In that case, if you don't want to change anything, it is better to have a background process in the UNIX box..

But you told that you want to avoid the Unix box. I have seen some DBA related sql scripts scheduled in crontab of the DB server. You may think in that way also.. Don't have much experience in that to make a solid comment..
          Yes, initially I thought that I'll make some <tt>JOBS</tt> and <tt>SCHEDULERS</tt> but then came problems like permissions and all...
          Morever there are few more stuff in the script other than just executing the procs.

For that anyways I have to call a script.
          But writing a script from scratch... it's giving me a tough time.

Jeneesh - R u there in LinkedIn?? I wanna make u a contact.
          1 2 Previous Next