This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 1:17 PM by CraigB RSS

Windows 7 64 bits and Forms 10gR2

Ade2 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All, I have read a lot of postings regarding the above in this forum but am a little bit confused of the actual solution.
Could someone please walk me through a concise solution to this problem. You would have safe my life if the solution work.
My problems are two folds:-
First when I open my oracle forms 10.1.2.3.0 in window 7 64 bits , I am getting
"Oracle Frms Designer has Stopped Working"

I read in this forum that connecting to the database before opening the form will solve this problem.

I connected to the database and was able to open the form. I was ecstatic but this was short lived. The problem soon started appearing again.

I also read somewhere that "running Oracle Developer Suite 10g R2 on Windows 7 64-bit is not supported or recommended by Oracle"

Our environment is currently on Window 7 64 bits, Please Help.

Thank you.
  • 1. Re: Windows 7 64 bits and Forms 10gR2
    HamidHelal Guru
    Ade2 wrote:
    Hi All, I have read a lot of postings regarding the above in this forum but am a little bit confused of the actual solution.
    Could someone please walk me through a concise solution to this problem. You would have safe my life if the solution work.
    My problems are two folds:-
    First when I open my oracle forms 10.1.2.3.0 in window 7 64 bits , I am getting
    "Oracle Frms Designer has Stopped Working"

I read in this forum that connecting to the database before opening the form will solve this problem.

I connected to the database and was able to open the form. I was ecstatic but this was short lived. The problem soon started appearing again.

I also read somewhere that "running Oracle Developer Suite 10g R2 on Windows 7 64-bit is not supported or recommended by Oracle"

Our environment is currently on Window 7 64 bits, Please Help.
    Hi Ade2,

Do you get this link try ?

It will solve your problem.

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
  • 2. Re: Windows 7 64 bits and Forms 10gR2
    CraigB Guru
    Are you running Oracle Forms as an Administrator (eg - right-click frmbld.exe -> Properties and select Run As Administrator)? The Forms Builder uses numerous Java classes as it runs and the "Standard User" in Windows 7 will not be allowed to access the Java files - which is why you have to explicitly run the application as an administrator.

Craig...
  • 3. Re: Windows 7 64 bits and Forms 10gR2
    Ade2 Newbie
    Hi Hamid, I am not able to open the link. Please advise and is the solution for 64 bits window 7.

Thank you.

Edited by: Ade2 on Apr 1, 2013 12:35 PM
  • 4. Re: Windows 7 64 bits and Forms 10gR2
    HamidHelal Guru
    Ade2 wrote:
    Hi Hamid, I am not able to open the link. Please advise and is the solution for 64 bits window 7.

Thank you.

Edited by: Ade2 on Apr 1, 2013 12:35 PM
    Hi Ade,
    Yes it will help for windows 7 as i tested it. The link is working i checked. here the raw link http://hamid-oracle.blogspot.com/2013/01/oracle-forms-designer-has-stopped.html

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
  • 5. Re: Windows 7 64 bits and Forms 10gR2
    Ade2 Newbie
    No Craig, I do not have admin Priviledge in the Visual Machine am using.
  • 6. Re: Windows 7 64 bits and Forms 10gR2
    Ade2 Newbie
    Hamid, I will let you know if the solution fixes my problem. I am looged in into a virtual machine and I do not have admin access.

Shukran.
  • 7. Re: Windows 7 64 bits and Forms 10gR2
    CraigB Guru
    No Craig, I do not have admin Priviledge in the Visual Machine am using.
    That is why it is failing! All Oracle Products must* run as administrator; Oracle has documented this. You will need your network/desktop administrator to either give you administrator privileges or you will need them to log into your workstation and change the properties of the following files so that they run "As an Administrator".
    1. frmbld.exe
    2. frmcmp.exe
    3. rwbuilder.bat
    4. rwbuilder.exe

You may also need to have the "Execute" privilege on the /Middleware directory (and all subdirectories) added to your workstation account.

Oracle products were not designed with the "Least Privilege" concept in mind. They must run as Administrator.

Craig...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points