This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
There is an existing bug 12630958 for this issue.1 person found this helpful
As a workaround, you may create a custom INSERT stored procedure using XMLTYPE parameter.
Include this stored procedure in your data model and map Insert operation to use this SP.
I solved it.
1. Created Insert, Update, Delete stored procedures.
2. Imported Table, Insert, Update, Delete stored procedures from DB in EF GUI.
3. Mapped stored procedures in EF GUI.
4. Mapped stored procedure parameters in EF GUI.
5. Manually mapped the XmlType stored procedure parameters in the edmx file, since it did not show up in the parameter dropdown.
I am getting the same error when I try to save to a VARCHAR2 field. I can save 1,999 characters into the field, but not 2,000 characters or over. So apparently this bug is not limited to XMLTYPE fields. Is there a solution out for this?