1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 12:06 AM by Rupesh Shelar RSS

How to place an Enhancement request.

Hi ,

I am trying to place an enhancement request , but i did not find how to place it and where to place it. I have found this document but , I got stuck up at step 2 it self. let me know is there any suggestions, how to place an Enhancement Request in oracle support.

Creating a Defect or Enhancement Request_
      Note that you must have a valid account for creating an enhancement request.
      To create a defect or enhancement request:
      1. Make sure nobody has entered a similar defect. See Checking for Duplicate
      Defects.
      2. Select the Create subtab.
      3. In the Product Information region, make entries in as many fields as possible
      using the list of values (LOV) in each field. Although only fields marked by red
      asterisks are required, your entries in other fields affect how the defect is
      handled. Enter information even if you are not sure that it is correct.
      Note: This version of the application does not support text
      searches, so you cannot search the keyword, summary, or note
      fields.
      Note: Because the Knowledge Base requires the intervention of a
      human editor before defect resolution information is posted, it may
      be a few weeks out of date.Creating a Defect or Enhancement Request
      Using Defect Management 2-9
      a. In the Product field, use the LOV to enter the product name. Entry in this
      field is required.
      b. In Product Version field, use the LOV to enter the product version. Entry in
      this field is required. (The use of the LOV is optional.)
      c. In the Earliest Version field, use the LOV to enter the earliest version of the
      product where the defect has been reproduced. The version you enter here
      can be the same you entered in the Product Version field. Entry in this field
      is required. (The use of the LOV is optional.)
      d. For products that have components, use the Component field LOV to enter
      the component. This can be a module or a feature.
      e. If you entered a component, then use the LOV to enter a Component
      Version. (The use of the LOV is optional.)
      f. Using the Platform LOV, enter the platform.
      g. If you entered a platform, then use the Platform Version LOV to enter a
      version. (The use of the LOV is optional.)
      4. In the Problem Information region, use the Category drop-down list to select
      whether you are entering a defect or enhancement. Entry in this field is
      required.
      5. From the Type drop-down list, select the type of defect that best describes the
      defect you are reporting.
      6. From the Phase drop-down list, select Respond. Entry in this field is required.
      7. From the Status drop-down list, select Awaiting Response. Entry in this field is
      required.
      8. Select the level of severity using the Severity drop-down list. Entry in this field
      is required. ................................................................................................

I need your suggestions

Thanks and regards
      Ven