1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2013 4:09 PM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
        Brandye, thank you very much! :)
        • 16. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
          I just wanted to say that no one from Vue has contacted me yet. :(

I'm in contact with a test center where I took my exam, they say that now my incident is closed and that Vue wrote a note to that incident saying that the problem is solved and that they have sent a new voucher to the candidate via e-mail.

I haven't received any e-mail neither a new voucher. How can my incident be closed if Vue didn't contact me yet?
          I really don't understand what kind of helpdesk they have and how do they solve this kind of problems.

At the test center they suggested me to send another question to Vue directly.
          I posted a new question through a form on http://www.pearsonvue.com/contact/emea/customerservice/ asking about what is going on with my incident number 204738074.

Since all this time this is my third question I've posted by this form to Vue, and no one from Vue has answered neither contacted me yet.
          • 17. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
            Brandye Barrington-Oracle
            I'm sorry to hear that. Checking with my contact at Pearson to see what is going on. One thing that you could check is to be sure that you are checking the email address that is used in your Pearson VUE profile at www.pearsonvue.com/oracle. The email would have been sent to that email address. You could also check your spam/junk folders to see if the email from Pearson was filtered out for some reason.

Regards,
            Brandye Barrington
            Certification Forum Moderator
            • 18. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
              I have already checked my spam folder of the email address used in my Pearson Vue profile.
              I'm checking the right address, that's for sure.
              Unfortunately I haven't received any email from Vue.
              • 19. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
                I'm very confused about messages posted through a form on http://www.pearsonvue.com/contact/emea/customerservice/.
                I've posted a few questions asking about what is going on with my incident number 204738074, but I never had any answer, no one has contacted me. :(
                Did anyone ever get any answer?

All I got is a an automatic reply saying:

Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE.

This is an automatic reply to acknowledge receipt of your recent e-mail.

The Customer Services team aim to provide you with a response within 5 working days but if your enquiry is of an urgent nature please telephone the Customer Services helpline where an advisor will be happy to help you. The relevant contact numbers are available via www.pearsonvue.com along with some frequently asked questions, which could provide you with the information you are looking for.

Kind regards

Pearson VUE EMEA Customer Service

It says that I'll get a response within 5 working days, but it has passed even more, but there is still no answer.

All I can say is that I'm really very dissapointed about how Pearson Vue resolves, actually how Vue doesn't resolve problems, and doesn't even give an answer to customer's questions.
                • 20. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
                  Roger25
                  I don't know what country are you from, but I think there should be an official government authority and you should reclaim Pearson VUE there. I think the laws from your country apply.
                  I can't imagine a situation like this without any resolution, and where nobody cares about the customer and that it's a very frustrating problem. Someone should clarify/resolve and why not, to fine Pearson VUE
                  • 21. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
                    Since I didn't get any answer, and my incident is closed, I've asked Test center to raise another incident about this problem.
                    I've got a new incident number 204777344.
                    • 22. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
                      Roger25
                      Hope you'll get an answer. If they're still ignoring you, appeal to justice.
                      • 23. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
                        Pearson VUE is not ignoring you, as is state above. They have actually emailed you, but the email was obviously not delivered for some reason. I will check with our Pearson contact again, to see what is going on. I am sorry that this has become such an issue for you. We'll get it sorted out. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
                        Brandye Barrington
                        • 24. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
                          One other thing that you should do is double check that the email address in your profile at pearsonvue.com/oracle is the correct email address and that it is the email address that you are checking to receive a reply.

Regards,
                          Brandye Barrington
                          • 25. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
                            It appears that this issue has been sorted out for you and your exam has been rescheduled. Is that correct?

Thanks,
                            Brandye Barrington
                            • 26. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
                              That is correct, I've finally received an email from Vue saying that my exam was booked again; I'll take another test for a month.
                              I can now see my Future Appointment on current activity on my Pearson Vue profile.
                              They also gave me an apology :) ..indeed they needed almost a month to solve the problem, and I'll have to wait another one to take another test.

Despite of all, I'm happy that this has been solved.

PS Hope this wont happen to anyone.. but in such a case.. I want to say that Vue has now chosen a Test Center on their own (that is not the test center where this incident has happened), and Vue has chosen an appointment on their own without asking me if I'm free to take a test there at that particular date and time.
                              I don't know if this is their practice at such a particular situation, but I would rather choose it on my own.
                              They emailed me that they can reschedule the exam for me free of charge, I only have to write an email for that.
                              But after such an experience of waiting so long for their answer, I'm not going to do that.
                              At the test center they also suggested me not to reschedule the test now on my own through my Pearson Vue profile (even there is an option for that).

Brandye, thank you for your help. :)
                              • 27. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
                                I have finally passed my exam :) ..but..
                                I just wanted to share my experience, which again was very stressed.

I've taken my test on another Vue Testing center, but again having a very stressful experience.

My exam was supposed to last 120 minutes, but at the end I was a the classroom for 3 hours.
                                The computer where I had my test has crashed for 5 times during my exam.
                                Each time the problem has occurred (frozen screen or an error on the screen) the assistant has restarted the computer and moved me to another one. I've changed 5 computers. At the end I've spent an hour for their computer restarts!
                                Each time I was very concerned about what was going on, I've asked the assistant to explain me, but I didn't get any satisfied answer, saying only that it might be a technical problem or a network problem.
                                Because of my previous negative experience it was very stressed for me, because I didn't know what will happen after the computer restart. I was afraid of loosing my answers as it has happened the last time I've taken this test.
                                Fortunately, this time, after each restart I was able to continue the test.

Beside these problems, I had another problem, for some questions it has taken even a few minutes to load them, having a blank screen while waiting for the question.
                                Again I've asked the assistant what is the problem, I had the answer that this is a normal behavior.
                                This is not the first time I've been on an exam at an authorized Vue Testing Center, and I know that this is not a normal behavior.

At the end, I can say that I'm really disappointed of having such negative experiences at authorized Vue Testing Centers that have these problems.
                                They are not giving the attendants the ability to take tests at normal conditions.
                                • 28. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
                                  bigdelboy
                                  996464 wrote:
                                  I have finally passed my exam :) ..but..
                                  I just wanted to share my experience, which again was very stressed.

I've taken my test on another Vue Testing center, but again having a very stressful experience.

My exam was supposed to last 120 minutes, but at the end I was a the classroom for 3 hours.
                                  The computer where I had my test has crashed for 5 times during my exam.
                                  Each time the problem has occurred (frozen screen or an error on the screen) the assistant has restarted the computer and moved me to another one. I've changed 5 computers. At the end I've spent an hour for their computer restarts!
                                  Each time I was very concerned about what was going on, I've asked the assistant to explain me, but I didn't get any satisfied answer, saying only that it might be a technical problem or a network problem.
                                  Because of my previous negative experience it was very stressed for me, because I didn't know what will happen after the computer restart. I was afraid of loosing my answers as it has happened the last time I've taken this test.
                                  Fortunately, this time, after each restart I was able to continue the test.

Beside these problems, I had another problem, for some questions it has taken even a few minutes to load them, having a blank screen while waiting for the question.
                                  Again I've asked the assistant what is the problem, I had the answer that this is a normal behavior.
                                  This is not the first time I've been on an exam at an authorized Vue Testing Center, and I know that this is not a normal behavior.

At the end, I can say that I'm really disappointed of having such negative experiences at authorized Vue Testing Centers that have these problems.
                                  They are not giving the attendants the ability to take tests at normal conditions.
                                  Unfortunately even the best run test centers will have problems from time to time (sometimes their own fault, sometimes Pearson VUE, and sometime just one of those days). { Some reasons could be recent Pearson VUE software updates, flakely test center hardware or spikey power supply issues ... overheating ....  etc etc etc}

Luckily you achieved exam pass so overall no problem (apart to any results of your stress level).

I suggest you contact Pearson VUE, give them details of your testing including your testing id, date and time of test and any Appointment order number and request an incident number number in reply. Say you are concerned as you have not have had that experience in the past, and are concerned if you were to face that experience again. Ask them if they can outline what the problem was.

If you are happy with their response, great (allow them some time to repond, let us say about 5 business days).
                                  If you are not happy then post the Pearson VUE incident number here.

If they do not give you an incident number then (and only then) raise an SR with oracle certification support. That will take 3/5 business days to get a response. Again if not satisfied post the Oracle Certification Support SR number here.
                                  • 29. Re: Error occurred during certification exam
                                    I would like to reiterate that you should let Pearson know about your test center experience - give a very detailed account, and get an incident number. In many cases, Pearson VUE contracts test centers. If the centers are below par, and receive numerous complaints, PV needs to know this so that they can help bring the test center up to par, or part ways with them. If it is a PV test center (rather than a contracted test center), they also need to know what is going on so that they can determine what the issues might be and fix them.

Ultimately, Pearson VUE wants excellent test centers that operate efficiently and professionally. So, I'm sure that they will want to know of your experience. Just remember to give them your detail info and also the detailed info for the centers with which you experienced difficulty.

Regards,
                                    Brandye Barrington
                                    1 2 Previous Next