4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 3:16 AM by XeM RSS

How to export data to excel file using OLE2

XeM
      Hi all,

Forms 10g, Installed on Windows & 64bit (Xp Mode) Ms-Office 2010
      I have a requirment to send data of some items on forms to excell, i looked around over internet there pretty much information but my requirment is there is already created excel file like abc.xls on dreive d i have to initiate this file and send the form data to this file. Your replies appreciated.
        • 1. Re: How to export data to excel file using OLE2
          Shackir
          we have two options to create excel based on where do u want generate file
          1. if u want to generate file in Middle Tier(Aps server) -OLE2
          2. if u want to generate file in cleint machine -CLIENT_OLE

OLE2 is similar to 6i.. and u can lot examples
          CLient_ole might take time...
          here iam recomending you to create file in server and transfer through webutil..

hopes this will help you...
          • 2. Re: How to export data to excel file using OLE2
            XeM
            Thank you Shackir!

I would prefer to use application server approach that keep the file on AS and sending or downloading through web-utility. But i want to open an already created file which might have data in some cells now on the forms let say user click on button like (export to excel ) now that same file should be opened and the old data should be replaced with new data. How could i do this using DDE or OLE which package is best and provide enough flexibility to achieve this task.
            • 3. Re: How to export data to excel file using OLE2
              HamidHelal
              XeM wrote:
              Hi all,

Forms 10g, Installed on Windows & 64bit (Xp Mode) Ms-Office 2010
              I have a requirment to send data of some items on forms to excell, i looked around over internet there pretty much information but my requirment is there is already created excel file like abc.xls on dreive d i have to initiate this file and send the form data to this file. Your replies appreciated.
              Hi XeM
              Is this works ? {message:id=9360007}

hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
              • 4. Re: How to export data to excel file using OLE2
                XeM
                Hi all,

I am able now to open a specific excel file and export data to that file and now i want to save this file with new name if any could help that what is the dde execute command for saving excel file.

thanks
                Xem