This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2013 11:19 AM by 982874 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    982874 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Hussein,

The below RPM's are not installed, and i am unable to find the packages for installing, Please let us know from where we can download these packages so that we can install them.

xorg-x11-utils-7.4-8
    elfutils-libelf-devel-0.148.1-el6.x86_64
    kernel-uek-headers-2.6.32-100.28.5.el6.x86_64

In /etc/sysconf.conf file the below parameters are not shown.

msgmni : 2878
    how to calculate the size of physical memory in kernel.shmmax

and please let me know how to calculate net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 9000 65500 the value mentioned is the value which we have in the parameter.

OS Library Patch for Oracle HTTP Server(on Oracle Linux 5, RHEL 5 and Oracle Linux 6 only) :

Download and apply the patch 6078836 from My Oracle Support to fix an issue with the Oracle HTTP Server (missing libdb.so.2) bundled with the E-Business Suite technology stack.

Note that this patch (which includes a required operating system library) must be applied before installing Oracle E-Business Suite.

Without this patch, after installation, HTTP Server can not start.

I dont know where to apply the patch as nothing is installed and moreover we dint found the patch in the metalink.. Kindly respond urgently

Regards
    Rajesh T
  • 16. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    982874 Newbie
    Hussein,

Please let us know from where i can download the packages, Please guide me if there is any free download.

Regards
    Rajesh T
  • 17. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    982874 Newbie
    Hussein,

Please guide me as i need to complete this tomorrow . we have not found some rps.

Regards
    Rajesh T
  • 18. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    979871 wrote:
    Hussein,

Please let us know from where i can download the packages, Please guide me if there is any free download.

Regards
    Rajesh T
    From Oracle e-Delivery website https://edelivery.oracle.com/linux or from http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 19. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    982874 Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

There is a patch mentioned to apply, Please guide me how to apply the patch before installing Oracle E-Business Suite

Regards
    Rajesh T
  • 20. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    Hi Rajesh,
    There is a patch mentioned to apply, Please guide me how to apply the patch before installing Oracle E-Business Suite
    Are you referring to Patch 6078836? If yes, please follow the steps in the README file -- https://updates.oracle.com/Orion/Services/download?type=readme&aru=9549483

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 21. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    982874 Newbie
    Hussein,

I have applied the patch and ran rapidwiz then it has passed all the preinstallation tests and got completed successfully. After that got a msg called rapid install wizard is ready to install in oracle Applications i gave yes for that then it got processed finally after completing i got an error called

RW-50015: Error: - HTTP Listener is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
    Help Page

RW-50015: Error: - Help Page is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
    Virtual Directory

RW-50015: Error: - Http Server Virtual Directories is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
    JSP

RW-50015: Error: - JSP is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
    Login Page

RW-50015: Error: - Login Page is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.

and when i try to start the services manually using adapcctl.sh and adstrtal.sh i faced the errors like.

*[applvis@vg-it-srv-013 scripts]$ ./adstrtal.sh apps/apps*

You are running adstrtal.sh version 120.15

adstrtal.sh: Database connection could not be established. Either the database is down or the APPS credentials supplied are wrong.

USAGE:  adstrtal.sh <appsusername/appspassword>

adstrtal.sh: exiting with status 1

and then when i try to start apache it also gave an error as below.

*[applvis@vg-it-srv-013 scripts]$ ./adapcctl.sh start*

You are running adapcctl.sh version 120.7.12010000.2

Starting OPMN managed Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) instance ...
    libopmnoraclenls.so: unable to load
    */u01/oracle/VIS/Inst/apps/VIS_vg-it-srv-013/ora/10.1.3/opmn/bin/opmnctl: line 898: 25176 Segmentation fault $OPMNADMIN ping*
    */u01/oracle/VIS/Inst/apps/VIS_vg-it-srv-013/ora/10.1.3/opmn/bin/opmnctl: line 898: 25182 Segmentation fault $OPMNADMIN pingwait*
    opmnctl: opmn start failed.
    */u01/oracle/VIS/Inst/apps/VIS_vg-it-srv-013/ora/10.1.3/opmn/bin/opmnctl: line 1008: 25191 Segmentation fault $OPMNADMIN ping*
    opmnctl: opmn is not running.

adapcctl.sh: exiting with status 0

adapcctl.sh: check the logfile /u01/oracle/VIS/Inst/apps/VIS_vg-it-srv-013/logs/appl/admin/log/adapcctl.txt for more information ...

Please provide a solution for this error, my team is looking into this for the past 2days but couldnt able to resolve, So, please provide a solution as soon as possible..

Regards
    Rajesh Thalapaneni
  • 22. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    *[applvis@vg-it-srv-013 scripts]$ ./adstrtal.sh apps/apps*

You are running adstrtal.sh version 120.15

adstrtal.sh: Database connection could not be established. Either the database is down or the APPS credentials supplied are wrong.

USAGE:  adstrtal.sh <appsusername/appspassword>

adstrtal.sh: exiting with status 1
    Please verify that the database and the database listener are up and running.

Please see the following docs.

R12: "adstrtal.sh: Database connection could not be established" Error When Running Script adstrtal.sh and adstpall.sh [ID 1492611.1]
    R12 Adstrtal.sh Fails with "Database Connection Could Not Be Established error starting all services on the target" [ID 1499837.1]
    After 12.1.3 Upgrade NLS Forms Fail With Error: "APP-FND-27" [ID 1383144.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 23. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    982874 Newbie
    Yes Hussein,

The database and listeners is up and running.

From database i can able to connect sqlplus and it is connecting also.

And the password is correct it is apps only when trying to connect from database it is connecting.

we are installing R12 (12.1.1). and when we give sqlplus from application we are getting an error as

*[applvis@vg-it-srv-013 ~]$ sqlplus*
    sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    *[applvis@vg-it-srv-013 ~]$ sqlplus -s /nolog*
    sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please tell me which note i should follow. or is there any other solution.

Regards
    Rajesh Thalapaneni
  • 24. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    982874 Newbie
    After sourcing oracle home when given perl -v as database os user we got the below thing.

[oravis@vg-it-srv-013 11.1.0]$ perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.3 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

Copyright 1987-2003, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
    GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
    this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'. If you have access to the
    Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

Regards
    Rajesh T
  • 25. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    *[applvis@vg-it-srv-013 ~]$ sqlplus*
    *[applvis@vg-it-srv-013 ~]$ sqlplus -s /nolog*
    Are you sourcing the correct env file (APPS<CONTEXT_NAME>.env under $APPL_TOP)?

adpatch: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file [ID 943005.1]

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12841/T120505T120509.htm#F_92659x3Ax20H1x20Head1x3Ax20Environmentx20Settings

What about the packages in (Cloning EBS from Linux 4 to Linux 5 Fails: "Error While Loading Shared Libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1" [ID 736410.1])?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 26. Re: R12 (12.1.1) INSTALLATION
    982874 Newbie
    Thanks a lot guys, finally R12 installation got completed.

Regards
    Rajesh T
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points